• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

Mi16 Back From Mapping And Not Happy

petert

I'm not sure if you've been following the progress of Sean's new engine, but it dropped 30hp because the vernier slipped between dyno runs. Lots of red faces I'd imagine. It does happen!

Richie-Van-GTi

Another thing Ive been thinking, the cams figures are given as lift at TDC but its on hydraulic lifters, so could it be a case of the actual valve lift isnt measuring the same as the lift required?

chris 417 mi

Just been looking it over tonight, the oil level is down to the min mark and the coolant reservoir was practically empty. Not good practice considering it went in with oil up to the max mark and a full coolant system, mind it had been on the rollers for approx six hours :D .

What would be the best course of action in this case as im now feeling very disheartened and light of close to £450 for the work which was done. :blush:

Mikey S
Just been looking it over tonight, the oil level is down to the min mark and the coolant reservoir was practically empty. Not good practice considering it went in with oil up to the max mark and a full coolant system, mind it had been on the rollers for approx six hours :D .

What would be the best course of action in this case as im now feeling very disheartened and light of close to £450 for the work which was done. :blush:

i would be looking to get a compression test and a cylinder leakage test done. regardless of whether it has been on the rollers for 6 hours, the oil and coolant levels shouldnt drop that much.

running those two tests will give you a pretty certain idea of what condition the actual lump itself is in.

Richie-Van-GTi

problem solved, Chris spoke to th garage earlier, they didnt do cam timing and have only done a basic map sufficient to get it to FCS and back as they didnt have time to do it properly. Bit shan of them I reckon and I know Chris isnt happy either.

danpug

That took them six hours!?!?!

jim205GTI

;) Mmm i know if that was me i would not be happy with that type of service, especially as its my money...... should get straight on the blower and get them to sort it out free of charge. That long to do just that mmmmm

Hope you get it sorted out mucker!!!

chris 417 mi

Well it looks like i wont be goin to fcs either, car suddenly somehow managed to split a STAINLESS flexi brake hose at the mot station, just spent a couple of hours down there (its also my mates garage) trying to sort little bits out.

Oil is now dumped and fresh in as according to the guy at motoscope it will have been contaminated with petrol whist it was running rich (bit of bore wash).

If i can just get this flexi hose tomorrow ....... :D;)

Sign in to follow this