• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesper Cronelid

R1 Carbs -> Xu9j4

Jesper Cronelid

Hello!

Im about to buy me a set of Yamaha R1 carbs to install on a xu9j4 in one of my three 205s.

I've tryed to search this forum after information or maybe a how to guide with instructions to install them, but havn't found anything useful. What I found was a link to the Bogg bros who doesn't seem to have a e-mail adress. Guess I'll have to try phone them from Sweden someday.

What kind of fuelpump / linkage and so on do I need?

What does the boggmanifold cost?

Any problems I need to know of?

Thanks a lot, Jesper

Edited by Jesper Cronelid

Richie-Van-GTi

boggs mani is around £180 not including postage. however you could respace te R1 carbs simply enough and chop the mi manifold down so it just fits straight on.

you need a low pressure high flow rate pump such as the facet silver top or the one that carbuildersolutions.co.uk sell.

you will need to re jet the carbs but thats cheap enough as a set of 4 weber dgas jets fit straight in at the cost of £8 for 4 of ebay.

What are you doing about ignition? mappable or dizzy conversion?

Jesper Cronelid
boggs mani is around £180 not including postage. however you could respace te R1 carbs simply enough and chop the mi manifold down so it just fits straight on.

you need a low pressure high flow rate pump such as the facet silver top or the one that carbuildersolutions.co.uk sell.

you will need to re jet the carbs but thats cheap enough as a set of 4 weber dgas jets fit straight in at the cost of £8 for 4 of ebay.

What are you doing about ignition? mappable or dizzy conversion?

Thanks fot the quick answer, Richie!

Yes, there was someone else that chopped the mi16 manifold, and posted a picture, but it was souch a nice price on that boss creation, just 180£ so I'll try to contact them later this week by phone.

I thought that I could by me a dizzy conversion from ebay maybe.

Is that a okay solution?

M_R_205

dizzy conversion is is fine and by far the easiest way, fiting an ignition only ecu would be the best way as it gives you much more flexibilty with mapping but is alot more expensive. however if you do go for the dizzy conversion you will need a coil an an ignition amp and a loom off a gti, the wiring is a bit scary if you dont have much experience with it, if you need any help thouigh give me a shout,

Edited by M_R_205

Jesper Cronelid
dizzy conversion is is fine and by far the easiest way, fiting an ignition only ecu would be the best way as it gives you much more flexibilty with mapping but is alot more expensive. however if you do go for the dizzy conversion you will need a coil an an ignition amp and a loom off a gti, the wiring is a bit scary if you dont have much experience with it, if you need any help thouigh give me a shout,

Thanks a lot!

The carbs Im about to buy is from a R1 -00.

I'll update this thread when Ive bought the carbs. :D

/Jesper

Jesper Cronelid

Ive just bought the carbs ;)

Just a long wait for a package in the mail then.

Think I'll try to modify an original intakemanifold. I'll measure and invent something when I get them

Jesper Cronelid
any progress update?

No, not really. Just trying to find someone to renovate/check them out, to make sure that thay are in good shape.

Soon baby :-)

Jesper Cronelid

One guy on the Swedish Peugeot forum said that my R1 -02 carbs couldn't be used just ass carbs, because they doesnt have the same vital carbonettor parts as the 98-01 ones. Is this so?

Is it the -02 type to use as throttle boddies ant the old 98-01 carbs to be used as carbs?

Did I get this all wrong now?

Thanks, Jesper

Peetypug

as far as i know they are carbs up to 01 and throttle bodies after

Guest komer

hi,iam wondering,any progres update?iam interested in this conversion too,but i need to know all about it,so i hope so u can help...can u post some pictures of yours throttle bodies?cheers

Sign in to follow this