• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

Desperately Need An Mi16 Wiring Diagram.

24seven

ok so I've got an Mi16 with complete ECU loom, but the sensor loom is all unknown and I need an Mi16 wiring diagram to work out which wires need to go to the 2 brown multiplugs under the dash. The wires are all cut and jumbled so the colours don't match up, and neither do the numbers, but I need to know which wires go to which pin in the 2 multiplugs. apart from that, I'm sorted with the wiring.

Thanks in advance.

DaveK

Mate, is there not only 2 wires crossed on the brown plugs? I had to swap the starter motor and switched positive around cos its different on some 205's i think. All the correct wires should be in the terminals, just the two that are crossed over might need changed on yours.

I had to cut the ignition one (blue one yeah?) as i had a dodgey wire between my column and the brown plug, so just bypassed the plug

Go here http://pug205.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ and download the "Guide to converting 205 wiring for Mi16 conversion". That has all the wiring info that i used :)

24seven

as it is tho I've got a whole load of unknown loose ends. the 2 purple wires from the brown multiplug are loose, along with this lot.

also the 5 pin plug only has these 3 pluged in.

Miles

Christ that's one mess, Easy way is to ditch all the old sensor loom wiring as most of it will have gone brittle at the ends and make up a new one or nick it from the old 8v loom and re-tape it in as it saves making horrid link loom's etc

Pic 1; is The main power in, This plug's into the Fuse box under the bonet, Smaller one is the reverse light switch (BE1 style connector)

Pic 2; Mess

Pic 3; Ring terminal is EARTH, 1 red wire will be the oil temp the other 2 red ones are the oil level (Not used), 3 pin plug is the CPS, 7 pin one is the Ig Amp,

24seven

thanks miles.

I'm gonna try and make do with this wiring if possible. so 2 of those loose yellow wires I think are for the reverse switch (BE1 plug), and the 2 loose red wires are the oil level ones you mentioned. I'll test them to find out which onces.

the big light blue one I've sorted out tho.

On the 9 pin plug there are 2 purple wires loose. one is one of the reverse light switches (there's a brown one too which isn't loose, godknows what that's connected to if the 2 loose yellow wires turn out to be the BE1 plug), and the other is for the oil pressure meter.

this leaves 2 loose wires on each end which are unacountable for, the 2 smaller darker blue ones on the engine side, and the 2 purple ones on the plug side.

Does anyone have a 405 Mi16 wiring diagram with the colours listed? This would all be easy as pie with that write up, if I had all the cable numbers available, but since a link loom has already been made and the numbers chopped out, all I have to go on is the colours.

Thanks for all the help so far. hoping that by the end of next week teh car will be on the road and taking me to wakestock.

24seven

update on how things stand now:

1 of the loose yellow wires in pic 2 was one of the reverse switch wires for the gearbox plug in pic 1, which matches to one of the unconnected purple wires in the 9 pin plug.

the loose 2 red wires in pic 2 are 2 of the 4 loose red wires in pic 3, one of which I think may be the oil temp sensor off the sump, as that doesn't have anything connected to it atm and one of the identified red wires has a spade on it.

the larger light blue wire in pic 2 has been sorted out now too.

the dark blue wires in pic 2 are unknown

the other 2 red wires in pic 3 are unknown and are not connected to those blue wires, but as miles says they're probably the un-needed oil level wires.

the other loose purple wire on the 9 pin plug is the oil pressure meter. where is the oil pressure meter on the engine? back of the block?

Grim.Badger

Right, the colours of the loom in the engine bay will be different than in my diagram but the colours on the dash side of the 5 and 9 pin plugs will be the same (or similar, pug were annoyingly inconsistent).

BUT as long as the wire runs from the correct pin on the brown multiplug to the correct device (starter, alt etc) then you will be fine. EDIT: sometimes the switched positive and starter solenoid wire are swapped around, and the tachometer wire may not be present.

I'm not sure if the wire lengths are the same on the Mi16 and 8v but the lengths I have writen down on the lower diagram should give you an idea of what to look for.

Edited by Grim.Badger

24seven

all sorted now. found homes for all but one of the dark blue wires, which we couldn't trace back to anything. Thanks for the help everyone.

Now I need a narrower radiator! :D

Sign in to follow this