• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Spare Ht Lead?!

quagmire

Bought a set of new HT leads. Trouble is there are 6 leads in the box. I have fitted the 4 spark plug leads and the coil lead to the dizzy cap but what the hell is the 6th one for?

welshpug

it'll be for "the other setup"

P1 and 1.5 cars have the coil on the inner wing, P2 have the coil on the intake manifold, and require a different king lead :)

Mikey S
Bought a set of new HT leads. Trouble is there are 6 leads in the box. I have fitted the 4 spark plug leads and the coil lead to the dizzy cap but what the hell is the 6th one for?

nowt, keep it for a spare. :)

ORB

it is used as a skipping rope for a Gnome.

quagmire

So are the leads the same on the p1.5 and p2 or have I been sold the wrong leads?

Edited by quagmire

Mikey S
So are the leads the same on the p1.5 and p2 or have I been sold the wrong leads?

the leads changed when the distributor caps changed in 1990 (deucelier to bosch). there are two sets available, pre 1990 and post 1990. if they work, leave it.

Edited by pugger

quagmire

Mine is 1988 so surely I should have the black dizzy cap and not the orange bosch one. Would this effect running?

welshpug

nope, the differences in the caps doesnt matter, as I said before, the coil was relocated, and required a different king lead.

Mikey S
Mine is 1988 so surely I should have the black dizzy cap and not the orange bosch one. Would this effect running?

someone has probably retro-fitted it at some point in its life. i should imagine it wont affect the running of it though.

Edited by pugger

Sign in to follow this