• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Rev Limiter

5150maxie

can i fit a an adjustable rev limiter to my mi16 engine?im running standard setup

. :)

Edited by 5150maxie

boombang

IIRC not upwards, the map literally ends around 7'100. 405 Mi16x4 ran to 7'400 though so an ECU from this could get a few hundred extra.

After that it might be possible to have someone burn a new chip with a higher revving map, but you can't go much over 7'400 with the standard setup (hydraulic tappets being one issue, and mechanical setups are still big money for Mi16).

If you wanted to lower it, you can just fit an aftermarket kit and tweak away.

Alternative is to go to 8valve management, cut the rev limiting diode - but then you really need an aftermarket limiter and won't be able to gain much again due to limiting factors, oh and fuelling/ignition will be nowhere near optimal.

5150maxie

cheers nice one.i will get an after market one and tweek it.i just was to lower it for first gear limit so a want to adjust it.(not for a higher one) :)

Anthony

Obvious question is why you'd want a lower rev limit in 1st though? :)

welshpug
Obvious question is why you'd want a lower rev limit in 1st though? :)

agreed! many newer performance cars have a higher rev limit in first and 2nd! the 206 gti 180 being one ;)

IIRC the 207 GTi has a boost limit, but will rev higher in first and second.

Sign in to follow this