• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Gti-6 Conversion

kate205gti

Im half way through a gti-6 conversion (using the TBs and emerald ECU) and need some pointers please :lol: hoping to get the car to French Car Show!! :D

mounts

engine currently on 2 mounts - gearbox and top mount spaced with a metal plate to lower it, however this doesnt give enough clearance for the zaust manifold (now attached)

ive put up a wanted post for an extended bottom engine mount but any other way round this? what has everyone else done with mounts? do i need to touch the gearbox mount at all please?

exhaust

james_r is bringing over a custom downpipe but does this need wrapping or heatshielding in anyway?

water pipes and oil pipes

any diagrams please?

coil pack

where from? which cars are suitable? i ran an 8v coil on the mi16 but understand this wont work with the 6 engine? it came with 4 seperate coils :unsure:

wiring

anthonys hopefully doing a wiring loom for me this week :blush: but any diagrams in case i have to wire it in myself please??

alternator

using a short bracket - what alternator belt?

plus anything else ive missed? any step-by-step guide, photos or diagrams gratefully received! am having a fess atm lol :P

thankyoooo :D

welshpug
Im half way through a gti-6 conversion (using the TBs and emerald ECU) and need some pointers please :lol: hoping to get the car to French Car Show!! :D

mounts

engine currently on 2 mounts - gearbox and top mount spaced with a metal plate to lower it, however this doesnt give enough clearance for the zaust manifold (now attached)

ive put up a wanted post for an extended bottom engine mount but any other way round this? what has everyone else done with mounts? do i need to touch the gearbox mount at all please?

not sure on this, I thought that it fitted quite easily with only the M/C being too close but there are a few of these engines in a 205 now.

exhaust

james_r is bringing over a custom downpipe but does this need wrapping or heatshielding in anyway?

depends how close it is, but if its a custom one it shouldnt be too close and need any covering.

water pipes and oil pipes

any diagrams please?

there arent many oil pipes, one breather that goes from the rocker to the block, and another that goes to the intake pipework IIRC.

as for the water pipework did you get much with the engine? when I installed the 6 engine into My ZX i forgot to get the heater pipes, I now need these as the 6 takes a totally different route to any other 306.

also the top hose has a small pipe off it to the heat exchanger, and from the heat exchanger to the rad, youll need to either link the lower hose off the heat exchanger to the metal pipe in the r/h arch, or find a suitable rad (which I dont think there is apart from a custom one as the 306 unit wont fit)

coil pack

where from? which cars are suitable? i ran an 8v coil on the mi16 but understand this wont work with the 6 engine? it came with 4 seperate coils :unsure:

use the original setup you had for the Mi16, you are using the same management arent you?

wiring

anthonys hopefully doing a wiring loom for me this week :blush: but any diagrams in case i have to wire it in myself please??

as above, same management? if so most components are located in similar places and use the same/similar plugs so this side should be easy.

alternator

using a short bracket - what alternator belt?

which engine mount have you got? A/C massive thing? or the small non a/c mount?

hope that helps Kate :P

Sandy

Mounts, I only had to extend the bottom mount about 12mm on the 309 to get clearance, go too far and it'll hit the gear linkage post.

Exhaust, with the lower fork extended correctly, exhaust clearance is great.

Pipes, simplify!

Coilpack, 106/306 TU 8v coilpack is ideal for the Emerald, with Corsa 16v leads.

Wiring, Emerald specific really, the alternator, starter, sensors etc are the same as the Mi16 really.

Alternator, bodged XU 8v slotted bracket, with 715 5 groove belt IIRC.

Edited by sandy309

kate205gti

thans for the replies :D they were very helpful!

alastair came up to lend a hand too and got most of this done now - for which i am eternally grateful!!! :D :D

gti-6 alternators are different and wont fit without the long engine mount :) so robbed and 8v one and used the 6 bracket ;) pipes all reworked thanks to al the magician :P extended mount gives plenty of clearance for the zaust and now TBs are on :D looking like an engine again lol

anthony has also finished the emerald loom for me today (thankyoooo :D) so thats going on thursday along with driveshafts, alternator belt, and downpipe/exhaust - then pretty much job done i think :D fingers crossed for the first turn of the key :P it may make french car show yet :D

Alastairh
:) Can't wait to hear it go, BWARPPP ;)

kate205gti
Alternator, bodged XU 8v slotted bracket, with 715 5 groove belt IIRC.

done that :) what makw of car is the 715 belt from please?? could only find a 713d 3 groove one and halfrauds are useless :o

Sandy

Don't know, I just grabbed one from the display.

Super Josh
done that :) what makw of car is the 715 belt from please?? could only find a 713d 3 groove one and halfrauds are useless :(

Kate, when I wanted a specific length and grooves I juist went into my local motor factors and asked for the nearest one and they matched it up :D

Josh

kate205gti

cheers :( my halfrauds didnt have a lot so will go raid GSF/bennetts :D

what injectors do i use btw? got rover 220 turbo injectors off the mi16 engine on there atm, but i think the map emeral have sent is for standard engine (plus TBs) - ive not got any standard 6 injectors though but i do have standard mi16/8v ones? :)

Alastairh

Maybe something id take up with emerald. :)

VisaGTi16v

Standard mi16 injectors will only flow 180bhp@100% duty cycle so wont be enough for you with your TB's etc. GTi6 ones are quite a lot higher, 240cc instead of 214cc or something like that

kate205gti

thats what i thought :) do i need to get gti-6 ones from somewhere then? or can i stick the rover 220 ones in? (or is that toooo much fuel?)

Anthony

Use the Rover Turbo's and change the fuelling

Either that, or somewhere around (in CWY I think) I've got a GTi-6 manifold with injectors so you could borrow the injectors off that to get the engine started and down to Emerald, and then swap the Turbo ones back on before it gets mapped?

16v205

Use the 220 turbo ones, id get them flow tested as its cheap enough and gives you piece of mind there all ok.

Been using them on my old mi16 +tbs for a year no probs, and ran them in my gti-6 until the piston decided it had enough. Their 380cc and you can compensate the map for bigger injectors with the emerald really easily.

As for the coil pack use a 106/406 pack like sandy said, fit corsa 16v ht leads on and they will work fine on the gti-6. You have to wire the emerald differently though as your now using 2 ign amps rather than 1 on the original coil.

kate205gti

woo :( have corsa 16v leads :) will try the injectors and see if i spit flames :D

got a wiring guide? :innocent: :D

Anthony
got a wiring guide? :innocent: :D

The new loom I've done you is already wired for wasted-spark coilpacks :)

kate205gti

:hugs: :D:blush:

momo-a-gogo tonight then maybe :blush:

VisaGTi16v

Having vauxhall parts on a PSA car is not something to boast about!! :D

Sandy

^^^ Pity yes!

The GTi6 injectors are 265cc@ 3bar with a split spray pattern. I've found them to work very well compared to similar flow plain spray injectors. I would use them if you can get them.

kate205gti

getting there...

dsc01892ia0.jpg

only i forgot the laptop last night so couldnt try and start it :( doh!!

1 more day to get it running :D

DrSarty
only i forgot the laptop last night so couldnt try and start it :D doh!!

Divvy!

:D

P.S. Hi Kate :(

kate205gti

:D:( hey rich :D :D

hows afgan land? :D my car WILL be running soon thou :D

C_W
getting there...

only i forgot the laptop last night so couldnt try and start it :blush: doh!!

All sounds very Fast n Furious, I hope your footwells are well-riveted! :angry:

Alastairh

:)

Well the car made French Car show, and is rather quick, and sounds :angry::blush::blush:

kate205gti

:lol::P:D

it runs :D few niggles to sort (cv boot, indicators, oil gauges, rev counter, etc..) but from driving it yesterday and today im very happy indeed :D VERY responsive, quick, sounds fab with the exhaust and tbs and pulls like a train even thou im only mincing about atm :ph34r: now to get it mapped! :P:D

Sign in to follow this