• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

Oil Pump Spring

Peetypug

i've just bought a new oil pump, is it worth buying a group A oil pump spring for it?

im gona be running a kent pt27 cam and R1 carbs

Edited by sorrentopete

WildCards

They're only £10 from PS. You may aswell.

Ryan

They're the standard spring from the XU10 engines, about £3 from a pug dealer I think.

davepug205

group A springs are xu10 ones :P ive just paid a £10 oh well now i know for next time B)

snillet
group A springs are xu10 ones :P ive just paid a £10 oh well now i know for next time B)

I´ve heard this "rumourwise" and i´m not convinced it is so. I have a grpA spring in my pump and the pressure i get is about 7.5kg/cm3 cold and about 7kg/cm3 when running warm. At idle when warm i´m about 5kg/cm3.

As i understand it the XU10 engines have 6bar working pressure when warm.

mmt

Hi.

Which car is the XU10 engine fittet in?

Is it the XU10J4 or the XU10J2c? or another?

Thanks

/Martin

welshpug

GPa spring is for the XU9, and just "happens" to be the same pressure at the std XU10 spring :lol:

205gt-ty

Is this a easy mod to do and how would you do it

Bonzai

drop oil, take sump off, take oil pump off, split oil pump, swap springs, try and squeeze the pump back together, re-join the pump halves, fit pump, fit sump, fill with oil, away you go

Richie-Van-GTi

No need to remove the pump, just drop sump, undo the 6 or 7 bolts holding pump together, swap spring do the opposite of above. :P

205gt-ty

well i already have the sump of so will give it a go on monday might as well while i can get at it for the sake of 3 quid.

cheers for the info

Henry Yorke

Part number: 1157 11

205gt-ty

Changed it just six bolts reasonably easy to do bit of a fight to refit against the new spring wait and see if it helps.

stux
I´ve heard this "rumourwise" and i´m not convinced it is so. I have a grpA spring in my pump and the pressure i get is about 7.5kg/cm3 cold and about 7kg/cm3 when running warm. At idle when warm i´m about 5kg/cm3.

As i understand it the XU10 engines have 6bar working pressure when warm.

I also doubt it because I took apart two pumps XU9J4 and XU10J4RS and in both cases springs are the same length. According to catalog the part no. is also the same!

Can anyone say what the length of grpA spring is???

Edited by stux

benlilly

100mm. Just measured the brand new one I have from Skip Brown.

jtek

i was trying to get hold of the part 1157 11 but instead pug have given me 1157 13, does anybody know what engine this spring is from? thanks

Ryan

1157 13 is the standard GTI spring giving 5-bar pressure.

1157 11 is listed as giving 6-bar.

Interestingly 1157 11 is listed at being fitted to the ph2 GTIs as standard. :wacko:

jtek

do you know if the original springs wear or lose pressure over time? if not thne i shall not bother attempting this tomorrow while doing a bunch of other jobs, but if it would be beneficial to replace with another standard spring then i will have a go. thanks again

Henry Yorke
Interestingly 1157 11 is listed at being fitted to the ph2 GTIs as standard. :wacko:

A bit like late GTI's coming with a higher (0.5 bar) fuel pressure regulator too IIRC

Sign in to follow this