• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Whats The Diffrence Between Group N And A

pugbliss

As topic title..... what is the diff between group N and group A parts????

cheers

Rob_the_Sparky

Generally Group N are a harder rubber than stock and Group A are solid mounts, e.g. no rubber.

Super Josh

Grp. N rattle out your fillings and Grp. A rattle out your teeth :D

Josh

Miles

Group 'N' parts are baically factory parts in many cases but a good excuse to sell std parts at higher prices but most of the suspension and engine mount's are made from a harder rubber and as Josh has said the vibes are there but only really on tick over, when moving you don;t really notice them at all

Dino

GrpA mounts are for people with no practical sense at all......totally and utterly pointless on road & track cars.

Maybe if you have a race car and have the talent to drive it competitively then GrpA might be of use to you.

pugbliss

so basically what you are all saying is i dont need anything other than standard mounts etc etc for a road car?

Super Josh
GrpA mounts are for people with no practical sense at all......totally and utterly pointless on road & track cars.

Maybe if you have a race car and have the talent to drive it competitively then GrpA might be of use to you.

Agreed, but the only exception to that rule would be the solid rear beam mounts. For those that want to remove the loading on the rear beam mounts and the standard LOOS behaviour.

Josh

Jrod
so basically what you are all saying is i dont need anything other than standard mounts etc etc for a road car?

I don't think that's right.

Polybushes on the wishbones last longer and a group N bottom mount makes gear changes 10x better.

daza4

look for BBM bushes they are a good shout for the 205.

They do hard rubber mountings for the engine and solid rear beam mounts also very good.

BBM

Check this out for info.

Simes
I don't think that's right.

Polybushes on the wishbones last longer

no they don't...ask Dino! :D

Dino

Ha!!!!!!

Poly bushes are a JOKE! I had two sets annihilate themselves in no time - total waste of money!

Jrod

So is that the general opinion of the forum or just your experience with them?

I'm sure there are many people who use them on here and would recommend them?

hengti

^ i had no trouble with the set i used although they only did about 30k

they're likely fine if they're fitted properly - they need assembling with copper grease whilst the bolts should be tightened with the weight of the car on the suspension

one thing's for sure though - they feel no different to standard; i wouldn't bother for that reason alone (plus, they're expensive)

boombang

I would never go for polybushes over standard Peugeot wishbone bushes again. Mine too didn't last well (led a very hard life!) and the standard ones are cheap at £15 for a full set with new nuts and bolts, very stiff (due to metal content and hard rubber).

Dino

That's my experience with them - I can't speak for the forum as it isn't my place to!

Miles

We are talking about P Flex ones thou, I know in Dino's case both set's where fitted correctly and they still didn;t last 5 min's, And I don;t think there any stiffer than the std Pug ones

Jrod

So does it depend on which make they are or are they all the same?

Edited by Jrod

Anulfo

Put your 205 on a rolling road,open the bonnet and if it has standard engine mounts then watch how it jumps about!!!Theres no dispute this will affect the cars handling.Put group N or group A mounts in and then see the difference but the trade off is that on on idle it will vibrate the living hell out of every bone in your body!!!!Comes down to compromise....what do you want from your car?

Peetypug

my wife used to love the vibe at idle :):wacko:

Sign in to follow this