• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
munky205

1.9 Mi16

munky205

Hi guys, i've had my car for a year now and my clutch needs replacing for the second time since i've had it. The first time it went it took the gearbox with it and i dont want that to happen again!! Both times that the clutch was nearing replacement the car would judder as the clutch was engaged whilst pulling off in first. Anybody got any ideas as to what the juddering could be or as to why my clutches aren't lasting very long. And no, i dont ride the clutch :)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

davepug205

Its not one those £4.99 bargain ebay clutches is it :(:)

TEKNOPUG

Which clutch are you fitting - model & brand?

Mikey S

does it have an oil leak around the clutch area? any oil on the friction plate will cause it to judder.

James_m

Cheap clutch's are definetly false economy.

I bought one of those £20 kits from ECP

The pressure cover(may be the wrong name) didnt line up with the locating dowel's, so i had to use a probably original item, and 1000 miles later, my release bearing rattles with the clutch up at idle.

Lesson learned :)

Exile
Both times that the clutch was nearing replacement the car would judder as the clutch was engaged whilst pulling off in first.

Those little springs in clutch spring medium are shaking.

Just poor quality clutch i think.

luggy

Buy an OE clutch and get the flywheel skimmed.

Miles

As said either a Valeo or LUK clutch and flywheel skimed as most are blued and have surface cranking on now

Richie-Van-GTi

get a QH clutch, 2 year warranty so your next one will be free :rolleyes: , agree with the above about having flywheel done, it may be slightly warped and thats where the judder and premature wear is coming from.

munky205

I dont do cheap and the last clutch was a valeo one :wacko: I'll try getting the fly wheel skimmed and see what happens

Sign in to follow this