• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stomper

205 Cti Rear Seats

Guest Stomper

Hi All,

I have a 205 Cti sat in the drive but have issue with the back seats.

The back seats don't seem to meet the parcel shelf leaving a gap. Is this right?

I have read that the cti and gti rear seat frames are different but when i have looked at them they dnt look different in way which would make them fit flush against the parcel shelf.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation ?

If anyone wants to chat .. add me on msn live gavspart@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

Gavin

steve@cornwall
Hi All,

The back seats don't seem to meet the parcel shelf leaving a gap. Is this right?

I have read that the cti and gti rear seat frames are different but when i have looked at them they dnt look different in way which would make them fit flush against the parcel shelf.

Many Thanks

Gavin

There is a gap of about 10mm only on mine, as this is where the hood cover fits, velcro'd to the shelf, I guess that's quite normal. Not really looked until now

GTI6BOY

i got the same

Guest Stomper

nah mines a good 2 inches ... proper confused.

The seats stop when they hit what looks like something that clips the seats into place, but there is nothing on the seats to clip into them

Has onone got a pic of the back of there cab so i could compare?

cheers gav

steve@cornwall
nah mines a good 2 inches ... proper confused.

The seats stop when they hit what looks like something that clips the seats into place, but there is nothing on the seats to clip into them

Has onone got a pic of the back of there cab so i could compare?

cheers gav

Sounds like someone's fitted gti seat backs, but instead of fitting the metal frames from the cti to the gti covers, have just cut off the gti lugs as they don't line up Do the seats not clip back at all?

Guest Stomper
Sounds like someone's fitted gti seat backs, but instead of fitting the metal frames from the cti to the gti covers, have just cut off the gti lugs as they don't line up Do the seats not clip back at all?

This is what i was thinkng. Seats dont clip back at all. They go back and hit the unit that the lugs would clip into, so from what i can see even if there were lugs the seats wouldnt get back far enough for lugs to clip into there place.

What is the best plan of action .. what can i do to sort this.

Cheers

gav

GWtaylor

you could weld your own lugs on what would line up

Guest Stomper
you could weld your own lugs on what would line up

But even with lugs it wouldnt help.

The seat stops on the unit that the lugs are supposed to clip into.

I guess i could really do with seeing another cti to see how it should look.

GWtaylor

I'll take a pic in about 2 hrs

Guest Stomper
I'll take a pic in about 2 hrs

Niiice one feller.

I have a picture uive taken here but no.1 i have forgotten my cable to upload it to my pc and no2 my batteries just died anyway :)

Many Thanks

Gav

welshpug

sounds like you need to fit some CTi seats, or modify them in some way as the car wont pass an MOT as it is!

steve@cornwall
Niiice one feller.

I have a picture uive taken here but no.1 i have forgotten my cable to upload it to my pc and no2 my batteries just died anyway :)

Many Thanks

Gav

hope these are of some help - a cti rear seat back with gti covers :) You can see where the gti item "bulges" out at the top, and hits your receiver latch, also, where the cti striker is located, and the line of where the cti metal back is. Not having a metal plate behind it here, these bulgy bits of foam just push out of the way when the seat is closed.

You're going to need some cti seat backs :( I don't think I saved any, but MAY have a pair in the garage - will have a look next time I'm up there, but something closer to home may be more suitable to you

post-7883-1183383944_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1183383965_thumb.jpg

Guest Stomper
hope these are of some help - a cti rear seat back with gti covers :) You can see where the gti item "bulges" out at the top, and hits your receiver latch, also, where the cti striker is located, and the line of where the cti metal back is. Not having a metal plate behind it here, these bulgy bits of foam just push out of the way when the seat is closed.

You're going to need some cti seat backs :( I don't think I saved any, but MAY have a pair in the garage - will have a look next time I'm up there, but something closer to home may be more suitable to you

post-7883-1183383944_thumb.jpg

post-7883-1183383965_thumb.jpg

Still confused (sorry :( )

So the bulgy bits that are in the way are they not there on cti seats ? or are you saying that these move on the cti seat so as the seat back can move further back and clip into place ?

Thnaks for pictures thast very very much appreciated :)

205turbo

you have to use cti metal backs if you intend to use gti rear seats with out any welding, they just unzip and then you need a cut the seat to allow the catch through

Frequentflyer

Hello Gavin,

Just to add to all the expert advice you have already received.

I have a CTi, and some years ago I replaced the original back seats (red/black fabric - which I still have!) with all black leather out of a GTI.

I had to take out the GTI metal back rests and instead use/insert the CTi metal back rests into the GTI leathers. The GTI back rests have the seat retaining lugs higher up than the CTi ones. Also the GTI back-rest cushions/covers and metal seat rests have a sort of "ear" on each side at the top left and right of the car.

As will be obvious, I also had to make new holes in the ex GTI leathers to accomodate the seat locking lugs, in the right position for the CTi.

The GTI cushions/covers however do fit tolerably well in a CTi, with the only slight squeeze coming when you have the roof down - the "ears" do not help!

Hope this is of some use.

Good luck - Roy

Hi All,

Many Thanks

Gavin

Guest Stomper

Ahhhhhh so basically whet i need to do is:-

1 - get some CTI seat backs and insert these into the seat covers behond the foam etc ..

2 - Cut the ear type things back on teh gti seat foam.

3 - clip the seats into position and bobs yer uncle !!!

Am i right ?

Gav

steve@cornwall
Ahhhhhh so basically whet i need to do is:-

1 - get some CTI seat backs and insert these into the seat covers behond the foam etc ..

2 - Cut the ear type things back on teh gti seat foam.

3 - clip the seats into position and bobs yer uncle !!!

Am i right ?

Gav

No need to cut the "ears"- just make a new hole for the striker

Guest Stomper
No need to cut the "ears"- just make a new hole for the striker

but will the ears not be in the way still if you dont get rid , oris it that they bend out of the waywhen using the cti seat backs ?

steve@cornwall
but will the ears not be in the way still if you dont get rid , oris it that they bend out of the waywhen using the cti seat backs ?

You won't even notice the "ears" I didn't really notice them 'till this thread! - just fit the metal inserts from a convertible and should be fine :)

Frequentflyer
You won't even notice the "ears" I didn't really notice them 'till this thread! - just fit the metal inserts from a convertible and should be fine :)

Yes, Stomper is right.

You can leave the "ears" in place, both in terms of the foam and the actual seat covers. As said previously, you only have to cut a hole in the covers to let the lug through at the right height to clip in to hold the seat-back in position.

In my case, when the roof is up/closed, the seat backs/"ears" just fit. When the roof is down/open, it is a bit of a tight squeeze, and the leather tends to "wrinkle" up a bit and I have to push the seat-backs quite hard to lock them in position - after securing the roof-cover in position with the velcro fastening. When they are locked in position, I can smooth away most of the wrinkles.

NB - if you should want to fit head-rests in the back seats, make sure that they are slightly - about half an inch - closer to centre on each back-rest.

Good luck - Roy

Henry Yorke

2IMG_6648_Medium_-med.JPG

You can see the difference in design here. I had my half leatehr retrimmed to suit a CTI frame so it doesn't catch

Sign in to follow this