• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mandic

85mm Liners

Mandic

Hi,

I'm looking for 85mm liners and there is a company in France which have them.

They are graphite cast, so should be stronger than OE ones.

Now my question is, has anyone any experience with them. I'll use them in forced induction applicattion so do You think they will hold 1 bar max? They are stronger, but they also have thinner walls.

Cheers

Ziga

Sandy

For forced induction I would prefer to use an Iron block unless you keep it 83mm and low boost.

welshpug

but then the WRC engines are based on the XU7 which is an alloy block with liners...

Mandic

Well yes, I agree that for FI route iron block is a way to go, BUT :D I would really prefer ally block, but I'm not happy with 83mm bore as 85mm one brings so much banefits (unshrouded valves, more capacity, ...), plus I will not run so much boost, thinking something around 0,8 bar.

This also means getting new rods and pistons (just to be on the safe side regardign rods), where if I go iron block I only need new pistons, as rods are fine. But then again, building something different is very tempting.

Cheers

Ziga

brianthemagical

i'd ask the company that makes them what they think the liners will take. othere than form experiance i don't think anyone will be able to give a good answer as you say they should be stronger but don't give anythink more. if all else fails just build the engine and wait till it breaks, they can't cost that much, surely.

Sandy

I wouldn't use the WRC engines as any kind of benchmark, they are a long way removed from what you can get off the shelf.

snillet
but then the WRC engines are based on the XU7 which is an alloy block with liners...

XU7 excists as both alloy block (same as XU5 by the way, have both in my garage) and cast iron block. The alloy was used on the 8 valve engines and the Cast iron block was used on the 16 valve engines.

welshpug
XU7 excists as both alloy block (same as XU5 by the way, have both in my garage) and cast iron block. The alloy was used on the 8 valve engines and the Cast iron block was used on the 16 valve engines.

nope, not recently anyway, it was an iron block back in the early 80's in the 305, and when Peugeot used it in the 205 T16, but since the mid 90's its been alloy, and this is the basis of the WRC engine, but I agree with sandy, the WRC engine it quite far removed from what's available in the public domain so to speak.

M_R_205

whats the company called that does the oversized liners, im soon to be building the engine for mine and am going to be turboing it,

Pul

Mandic

www.jacquemintuning.com

Will You turbo 8 or 16V?

Cheers

Ziga

M_R_205
www.jacquemintuning.com

Will You turbo 8 or 16V?

Cheers

Ziga

the 16v iv got it runnin NA at the mo (when i say running i mean almost) as soon as iv got all the bits together il build it with the turbo, goign to be about christmass though :lol:

Sign in to follow this