• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

8v Turbo Mounting In A 205?

Kennyb

Ok i've a 8v turbo from citroen xantia, about to start moking it up into the 205.

Just wonderig about clearance issue's, i've heard someone say extend the lower mount by 15mm to stop the brake servo hitting, but i've also heard you can use a 306 top mount to make the engine sit lower???

Anyway whats right? :blush:

Mikey S
Ok i've a 8v turbo from citroen xantia, about to start moking it up into the 205.

Just wonderig about clearance issue's, i've heard someone say extend the lower mount by 15mm to stop the brake servo hitting, but i've also heard you can use a 306 top mount to make the engine sit lower???

Anyway whats right? :blush:

you will need to use the top mount from a 306. you will probably have an clearance issue with the servo but there are a couple of ways around it.

you could try using an smaller servo from a lower model 205 (xs or similar). the lower mount will need extending by around 20mm to allow the front pipe to line up with the turbo. extending the bottom mount will give you a little more room around the servo.

also bear in mind that the fuel pipes will need modifying as they run very close to the turbo. i cut my old pipes off the metal pipes, bent them against the bulkhead a little and ran 2 rubber fuel hoses over the top of the master cylinder to an nissan silvia turbo fuel filter mounted where the original filter is.

have a good search around mate. sonofsam has done a very neat conversion and bales has just completed his as well.

hth :o

Edited by pugger

Kennyb

306 and extend bottom mount?! will this give me full clearence then or am i still looking at sourcing a smaller brake servo?? :o

Silvia fuel filter :blush: , luckily my friend is just scrapping a silvia turbo so i may just nab that off it den before she goes silvia heaven :D

Mikey S
306 and extend bottom mount?! will this give me full clearence then or am i still looking at sourcing a smaller brake servo?? :o

Silvia fuel filter :blush: , luckily my friend is just scrapping a silvia turbo so i may just nab that off it den before she goes silvia heaven :D

with the 306 upper mount they tend to foul the servo with the compressor housing. you dont need to get an smaller servo, as it can tilted by extending the bottom mount to kick it out. its all a matter of what works if you catch my drift.

unfortunately its a case of trial and error im afraid :wub: they all seem to foul in different places, no two are really the same.

Kennyb

Cheers pugger looks like i better start grafting :blush:

Sign in to follow this