• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Alternator Upgrades For Tu3s ?

johnnyboy666

i've done a search but only found options for xu's but nothing for tu's. basically ive got a roland garros so leccy windows etc, and i'm currently running two amps for 6x9s and a 12inch sub, and it seems to be a little more than the alternator can handle, ive just got a power cap cheap off ebay :wacko: but havent fitted it yet but i doubt this will do a lot to help the situation, problem being if for example im driving in the dark when its raining so ive got the wipers on full blast the lights on the blower de-misting the windscreen, i cant have the cd player on at the same time as it just slows everything else down and dims the lights and eventually the battery will die. another example is if i'm listening to music reasonably loud and press the window down button, the sub almost completely cuts out. therefore i'm looking to find an alternator with a higher output than the stock one to help releive these problems, ive read that xu replacements can go as high as 120amps? where i beleive mine is 70amp(?)

if anybody has any ideas that would be very usefull

thanks

john

pugrallye

have you looked into later 106's and 306's running tu engines? i had one on mine that was rated to 110A off a 106

Sign in to follow this