• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAZ1809

Replacing Speakers Up Front

Guest DAZ1809

right so finally i sussed out the butchered wires i found behind the dash :angry:

i've got my HU all in and working but only in the rear so i checked the connections in the front and found both speakers had perished

just need some advise on what fits as i understand there are a few varients on the 6 inch and i need to know what to buy

im not into anything to blow my head off, just something that will both work and fit

cheers for any help :wacko:

daryl

Jrod

They are actually 13cm's so not 6 inch.

I had some Alpine SXE-1325S

200 Watts Peak

35 Watts RMS

Were plenty good enough for me and are quite cheap.

gti-si

Yeah like said there 5.25" or 13cm, not 6". Believe there exactly the same size as the rears unless you;ve fitted aftermarket 6x9's. I just went to Halfords and listened to all the 13cm speakers the had instock, bought the ones which sounded the nicest and in they went. Ended up with some nice Kenwood's for about £35, not sure which they are though

Guest DAZ1809

see this is why i need you knowlegable lot!

cheers to both ill have a little shop around see what i can find :(

johnnyboy666

mine are from theloudest.com, theyre well made and can handle whatever you throw at them but also sound good quiet aswell as loud which is nice, theyre pretty cheap and look good too :D (although i couldnt fit the standard grill back on after i fitted them nor the grills that came with them so there a bit naked at the moment

timb1046

i use alpine ones not sure which but they work well. i had the same problem as jonnyboy666 but remidied this by sawing/snapping 3 of the center bars off each speaker grill so the raised bit of each speaker sits out a bit. but the rest is covered and more out of veiw.

another problem i had was getting the new speaker wire through the door rubber bit that other wires go through. the easyest way i found (after a long time trying!) was a bike spoke pushed up with the wire attatced with tape. i guess a coat hanger would work just as well if you dont have spokes to hand.

Sign in to follow this