• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reg

Leaky Pipe

reg

Alright peeps, I need some help cause I have a bad water leak from a pipe.

I'm hoping that if I explain were the pipe is someone can tell me if they have had to replace it before, and if they had to get it direct from Peugeot and if it had to come in a set. Oh and the price too.

The pipe is the one on the bottom left of the engine bay that is connected to the flat strait metal connecter connecting two pipes together.

grandos
The pipe is the one on the bottom left of the engine bay that is connected to the flat strait metal connecter connecting two pipes together.

Is it the one connected to the metal pipe and the radiator or does it go from the metal pipe to round the back of the engine?

The metal pipe and the one connected to the radiator come in at £24 inc. VAT from Peugeot, but i'm not sure how much the one at the back is.

Ben

reg

Thanks man but it's the back bottom pipe I finaly found it on Auto Five website 8.95 sorted !!!

Edited by reg

Grim.Badger

Both the rubber hoses down there should be about £8 each from Pug.

rocky

Hi Guys,

I have a leaky water pipe going to the right side (drivers side) of the radiator.

I am looking for a strong adhesive tape which can repair rubber hoses.

Does anyone know of a good type of tape i can use?

PS: can rubber hoses be repaired? (i mean tyres can be repaired if they have a puncture so....)

Richie-Van-GTi

for the sake of a few quid just replace the hose. If you must fix it then the only sure way to do it is cut the hose in half and put a piece of pipe inside then jubilee back together either side of the cut. A lot of hassle for a bit of hose IMHO.

DamirGTI

Hi

You can find similar pipe in jour local car parts store from some other car .. Ive change this two water pipes with some Fiat pipes and they fit in place with a little cutting-shortening , but they are the same shape as Pug ones only a little bit longer ..

Cheers :blush:

Damir

rocky

Thanks Rich and Damir.

Your rite it is better to buy the hose than keep taping it.

But i am under the impression the said hose is quite expensive. If it is a tenner i dont mind, but if it is £20+ i would be gutted!

And damir what Fiat model should i say?

Thanks mate!

DamirGTI

Hi !

Sorry but Im not sure :o it was some 1.3 Fiat engine must be Fiat Uno or Tipo :blush: , but take that sample piece of pipe to your car parts shop and the will found something similar for sure :D for a cheap price also .. :wub:

cheers :lol:

Damir

rocky

Thanks Damir.

One thing is cutting rubber hoses easy? the metal pipe idea sounds good if a new hose is too pricey?

DamirGTI

Hi !

Yes , it's not hard just use sharp big kitchen knife and cut as much as you like :o

I've paid 5 Euros for one pipe so in your money this is around 4 pounds for each pipe :blush:

cheers :D

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Grim.Badger
Hi Guys,

I have a leaky water pipe going to the right side (drivers side) of the radiator.

I am looking for a strong adhesive tape which can repair rubber hoses.

That pipe should be about £8 from Pug, it doesn't hurt to ask anyway. Just make sure it is actually the rubber pipe that is leaking and not the metal one.

rocky

There is no metal pipe there,

The pipe in question is on the cambelt side of the radiator and it is the pipe that is just before the one that feeds to the bottom side of the radiator. They are all rubber from what i could feel.

I will try to take a photo if it stops raining!

rocky

Ok,

The pipe in question could be phothographed after the pipe ontop of planet Earth stopped leaking!

now onto my car....

The pipe with the tape round it is leakingl, and it is on the drivers side of the radiator. It is a rubber pipe. Is this the one everyone means is £8 from pug?

IMG010.jpg

IMG011.jpg

What is this pipe called?

Edited by rocky

Grim.Badger
What is this pipe called?

Is that on an XU engine :D

Looks like someone has been messing about with the pipes as the should be a rubber pipe from the radiator to a metal intermediate, and then another rubber hose from that to the plastic distribution block at the back of the engine. The thinner pipe looks like its the one that should attach to the top of the radiator on the driver side but that is clearly visable on the top of the picture. TBH that pipe looks like its from a 306 or something.

Can you trace the hoses from the expansion tank to the TB and Thermostat housing and tell us where they all go?

rocky

Hi Mate,

It is the Xu10 engine. When i had a feel of the pipes, the one coming from the radiator is a rubber one which is jubilee clipped to the one with the 'tape' around it. The taped pipe is then jubilee clipped to the rubber one that leads to what feels like (but cant see it) the plastic dist block.

However, if i went to pug and they gave me the metal one then would i be able to attach the thin hose that is going to the side of the taped hose?

PS: I will try and trace the hoses you mentioned.

PPS: I hope metal hose isnt expensive.

Grim.Badger

It sound like someone has tried to replace the metal hose with one from the donor car but instead of replacing the entire section has just jubilee clipped the standard 205 rubber hoses to a cut section of donor hose. Where does the other end of the thin hose go?

The metal pipe used on 205s does not have an attachement for the thin pipe and costs about £12 from GSF so is probably £20-25 from Peugeot. You may be better off getting a complete hose from a 306 or Xantia that can reach all the way from the radiator to the water distribution block and also has the attachment for the thin hose.

rocky

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply. Concise and informative.

I will find out where the thin pipe goes.

However, i feel that it might be easier to buy the metal pipe from GSF, attach to the one coming of the radiator and then 'hopefully' the taped up pipes damage is further enough from the point where the thin pipe joins it at the side. I can then attach the metal pip to the good part of the taped up rubber hose!

I hope that makes sense.

I wonder how long the metal pipe is though? if it is too long it might not allow me to do the above technique!

reg
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the reply. Concise and informative.

I will find out where the thin pipe goes.

However, i feel that it might be easier to buy the metal pipe from GSF, attach to the one coming of the radiator and then 'hopefully' the taped up pipes damage is further enough from the point where the thin pipe joins it at the side. I can then attach the metal pip to the good part of the taped up rubber hose!

I hope that makes sense.

I wonder how long the metal pipe is though? if it is too long it might not allow me to do the above technique!

I'm going to be under my car tonight fitting the new pipe that finally arived today. I'll messure the metal pipe for ya. :D

mindyou you might be better of getting this pipe of a 306 or Xantia that Grim.Badger mentioned. My metal pipe is well rusted by now, don't know why they decided to use it when designing the car.

Edited by reg

welshpug
The metal pipe used on 205s does not have an attachement for the thin pipe and costs about £12 from GSF so is probably £20-25 from Peugeot.

that metal pipe is £9.50 fropm GSF, and £12 ish from peugeot! dont believe the hype :D

Grim.Badger
...don't know why they decided to use it when designing the car.

They used it on some 306s as well iirc; it stops there being any chance that the pipe can contact the crank pulley when the engine moves, on larger cars I don't think this is a problem as everything is generally spaced further apart. In fact iirc the phase 2 405s have a pipe with a damn great kink in it so that it goes nowhere near the crank pulley.

reg
it stops there being any chance that the pipe can contact the crank pulley when the engine moves

^_^ Ah I understand now. Thanks man

rocky

Thanks Reg,

That would be very kind.

My friend has a 306hdi but i think the pipes will be hidden under lots of plastic cowling that they put on modern cars these days making checking difficult.

rocky

Ok,

I have traced the pipes from the expansion bottle. One goes to the top of the radiator on the driver side. And the other hose goes to the throttle body.

I could not see where the hose coming out of the side of the 'taped' hose goes. I will have to take of the grill to see it. But I think it goes to the actual engine block probably by oil filter.

I cant believe the previous owner has not used the original pipes, this has made my job harder as to what exactly to do!

brianthemagical

if you get a chance and you don't often call into the pug dealer then go there and tell them your after a pipe for a car with the correct engine. then vaugly describe the pipe and ask to have a look when they find it. should give you an idea. if you don't want it and then, if all else seems to fail just walk out knowing what pipe you need.

Edited by brianthemagical

Sign in to follow this