• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BuD

205 'side' Wiring For Gti6 Conversion

BuD

I am currently removing the engine from my 205 for a gti6 conversion.

The engine is mostly disconnected (water, fuel etc) but I am unsure of exactly what to take out and what to leave on the wiring side (all currently still in place). I have stripped off the lower dash and removed the ecu but there is a plate blocking feeding the ecu plug out as it traps the wires.

I have removed one fastner but cant see how to remove more without removing the whole dash which i didnt think was needed?

Can the plate be removed with the upper dash in place??

More generally if anyone could let me know roughly the way I should tackle wiring the gti6 in, in particular which wires and where to find them on the 205. Where should i join it all up? Should I make a link loom as I have all the 306 wiring?? I will also be using the keypad immobiliser, but this seems easy enough...... I think :)

cheers

post-3325-1182279469_thumb.jpg

post-3325-1182279508_thumb.jpg

whizzer71

Hi m8,u have to remove the dash to get that length of wiring out complete,Its not that hard a job,just time consuming ,the dash bolts in from the other side(under the scuttle panel and theres a bolt in the middle on the inside ot the car down like a hollow tube(revealed once you have removed the dash binnicle).

How did you disconnect the 6' ecu,was it live when u did it ?,if so itll already be un locked and the wiring is fairly straight forward providing you have experience of auto electrics.

Pm me if you need any further info i'll be happy to help !

Regards

Tristan

:)

BuD

Ah ok cheers for that. I am glad I didnt pull too hard on it ^_^ Dash off it is then.

No the 6 ecu wasnt live when unplugged, I have a full loom and keypad and ecu from the donor so am going to wire it in - to start with at least.

whizzer71

Oh what fun,Good luck M8 !

Im glad that mine was un locked already and i didnt have to mess around with having to install the key pad.

^_^

Alastairh

Ok then another Gti6 getting converted!

Right, the way i do it:

Remove the plastic lower steering colum plastic, drop the colum (4 11mm bolts), remove ecu and taccy relay. You won't need these plugs, so you can effectively just cut the buggers off, and pull the wires through, but it can be fiddily removing the loom via that clip with the plugs intact, but it can be done without removing the dash, and removing the dials makes no difference.

As to how to do the loom, well on the 205 end you have the 2 brown plugs, you need combine the wires off them which are sensors, fuel earths etc that starts the engine, from the end of the 306 big round 19 pin plug.

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

Sign in to follow this