• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jrod

Rear Window Polycarb Fitting

Jrod

Right well I was trying to remove the rear window, got quite far but 1 tiny bit of pressure to much and wham the whole window shatters into about 5million pieces.

I've cut the rest of it out so the whole windows is out and ready to be replaced with the polycarb one I have.

I'm left with a pretty crappy surface from all the cut glue, do people usually remove all of this if so how as I don't want to damage the paint?

I was considering putting a bead of tigerseal all the way around the edge but am worried that won't hold it so think I will put a few small black rivets in to keep it as stealth as I can.

I want to fit the original rubber seal that's on the rear window but obviously will need a new one as I cut mine. Does this 'hook' onto the window then you glue the window in or do you push it in last?

Jrod

F*** it what a s*it job can't be bothered! Buying a fibre glass hatch instead. :D

Anyone recommend a decent/cheap place. I want it with internals as I don't like the look of bonnet pins on the boot.

Edited by Jrod

Jrod

Problem is I need it yesterday, the mould hasn't even been made yet so not sure how long it will take...

chownr

Give spoox compnents a call in Enderby 0116 275 1414. Pretty sure they have at least one ready for shipping. Tell them I recommended them. Not the cheapest but definitely the best quality

Richard Chown

Jrod

I'd rather not.

I got my windows from them and one arrived broken so I had to send it back out of my own pocket, I won't be using them again.

Powers

Try Magnum motorsport. That is where i bought my one from.

You can't beat good customer service!

Sign in to follow this