• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spudmurphy

Gearstick Position On A Xud

spudmurphy

Hi,

just a general sort of query (I think :o ) I've recently bought a 205 turbo diesel, and driving it the other day I noticed that when changing gear all the 'rear' gears ie 2nd, 4th and reverse the gear knob seems to be a very long way back, almost as far as being on top of the handbrake when its on.

The gear change also seems to be a bit vague, especially when compared to my focus.

I dont know if this is good or bad, just after someone setting my mind at ease really :)

Ta

Spud

Mikey G

Sounds like you have worn linkages. There is a bit of adjustment on the 'fore and aft' movement linkage and its also worth checking to see if its bent. Another thing to check is the crank arm that sits on the subframe as the bush in the middle can wear.

brianthemagical

it will be one of the two short linkages (the one that is attached to the l shaped linkage. just adjust it till it's how you like. this happened when i changed my gear box, the stick was hitting the handbrake.

Sign in to follow this