• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

106 Rallye Engine - 205 Xs

djinuk

just wondering if the 106 rallye engine easily goes into the 205 xs, as im finding the carb on the xs etc to be unreliable and the car is for my gf , so maybe a injection based lump would be better, anybody put the 106 rallye engine in , or even a saxo engine or some sort ?

Sandy

It is do able, but you'll have to fit an injection tank and fuel lines and wire it in obviously. You'll need the ECU to be "unlocked" to avoid having to fit the immobiliser system. The S1 106 Rallye inlet touches the bonnet in the 205, but only just.

An Mi16 conversion is about the same amount of work!

djinuk

usally i would be all good for big power, but its not my car if u get me, i may give it a go , but all depends if a engine and loom comes up at the correct kinda of price,

axnutty

Just buy a 106 Rallye :) Would be the easier thing to do. Either that or get the carb overhauled. I ran my AX GT for 2.5 years with no probs what so ever.

djinuk

its not so much that , its the whole warming up process of a carbed engine, u no the 3 mins of popping etc ,

RossD
its not so much that , its the whole warming up process of a carbed engine, u no the 3 mins of popping etc ,

I'm putting a 106 Rallye engine in my 205, although I'm using TB's and custom ecu/loom etc. I think it's probably easier than a straight swap, non of this immobiliser gubbins to try and sort out!

Sandy

That's why I ended up TB's my 106 GTi engine conversion in my old 205 Rallye. Added to that, at the time I had not internet access, so finding out about unlocking and that sort of thing was impossible. I tried to buy a complete 106GTi engine with all the necessary electrics from two "reputable" Scottish tuners, one Falkirk based firm refused point blank to supply a package at any price (although they would fit one if I took the car there), the other, wanted £1500 for a engine/gearbox and a further £300 to unlock the locked ECU, plus VAT!

So I bought a bare engine locally, re-built it, fitted DTA and TB's for less than that would have cost.

Sign in to follow this