• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Which Cam

driversdomainuk

Hi

I am possibly looking for a performance cam for my 8v but do not want expenditue and time of raising CR and also risk busting engine.

I am running twin 45's

Do Kent do any good ones, bearing in mind I need lower/mid end power and not top end as I am using it for hillclimbs.

thanks

brianthemagical

catcams and qep, so i've heard, no direct experiance though.

petert

Don't change the cam then. You'll only go backwards if you change the cam and don't increase to at least 10:1.

niklas

Find a milder cam with less overlap than OE :rolleyes:

Anulfo
Find a milder cam with less overlap than OE ^_^

The piper 270 is a good cam,decent spread of power and still quite usable for everyday driving. I had an engine done by pug performance with a piper 270 and on twin 45's and it made 156bhp at wheels,admittedly it did have a big valve head though.I was always told that kent cams are probably more suited to fords?

pug_ham
The piper 270 is a good cam,decent spread of power and still quite usable for everyday driving. I had an engine done by pug performance with a piper 270 and on twin 45's and it made 156bhp at wheels,admittedly it did have a big valve head though.I was always told that kent cams are probably more suited to fords?
The head needs to be skimmed when you fit a Piper 270' cam kit.

They aren't much different to the standard cam either so find the best tolerance standard cam you can & use that but even this cam would benefit from giving the head a skim.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this