• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boeseturbo

Gti-6 Injectors = Bosch Ev1 Type?

Richie-Van-GTi

The reds flow a whole load more, 440cc IIRC , so running evn at 3 bar will minimise the duty cycle, but reading earlier posts not sure if this is especially ideal at lower rev range.

DrSarty

Well the good news is, the deal with my mate for red tops just vanished (someone let him down apparently). Therefore I'm in the market - as ever with Project Sarty - for a 4 bar (perhaps second hand) fuel pressure regulator.

I'm £60 better off but hunting for that 4bar regulator now. Any ideas yawl?

:)

Richie-Van-GTi

check car builder solutions and fuel systm supplies I think they are called in heathrow area.

Super Josh

Didn't some of the high end Fords have adjustable FPRs? Cossies etc.? Maybe time for Ebay or Scrappy hunting?

Josh

DrSarty

@Sandy: Cheers dude (& engine God!), a Webcon 4.3bar (in red of course) for £68.75 it'll be then. :D

I'm convinced if YOU recommend something it's a dependable piece of kit. I do have two questions however. Would there be any harm in me running at 4.3bar (instead of 4) and would it be possible with the standard 1.6GTI fuel pump & line?

@SuperJosh: Knowledgable as ever (it's the well hidden age :P ), this could also be a route to go down, but I fear time spent hunting, buying and getting delivered a second hand 'Ford' FPR is gonna cost an equivalent amount and not have the extras and the security of fitting a brand new, aftermarket jobby. Unless ofcourse you know where to get one for a tenner; which might be worth trying :) .

...... :) ......

I've just realised....I've hijacked this thread!

;)

Edited by DrSarty

stux
Didn't some of the high end Fords have adjustable FPRs? Cossies etc.?

Yes and as far as I know Lancia Delta integrale too - made by Weber.

cossie350

Cossies defiantly do.

Sandy
I'm convinced if YOU recommend something it's a dependable piece of kit. I do have two questions however. Would there be any harm in me running at 4.3bar (instead of 4) and would it be possible with the standard 1.6GTI fuel pump & line?

I'm not convinced i'm a God though.

4.3bar would be fine if it's going to be mapped. You might want to replace the OE flexible hoses with higher quality new stuff; both in the engine bay and where it comes down from the tank at the rear.

inferno

fiesta turbos have adjustable regulators, i have one somewhere.

also if your after 240cc dont forget thats what the xu10 turbo uses as standard... also cossie yellows iirc. youll find plenty on ebay

DrSarty
fiesta turbos have adjustable regulators, i have one somewhere.

If you find it, if it'll adjust to 4bar, if it's on offer to buy & if it's cheap :rolleyes: , I'll take it off you. Gotta be worth a shot I reckon.

Please consider it Mr Inferno.

RICH :unsure:

inferno

xr2i's and late xr3i's that are efi use the same injector and regulater setup as standard. have no idea what pressure they run, ill look for it while you research its suitability for your car :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this