• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Will A Stainless 4-2-1 Manifold

ALEX

I'm planning on taking the 205 off the road again sometime at the end of summer.

I'll be driving my MK3 Astra Gsi instead :( (not drove it yet), and while the 205 is not in use I'm planning on sorting all those problems that have been slowly building up over the last couple of years,

I'd say it's been quite reliable though since my last rebuild of the engine & Rear beam in 2004, but now things are starting to fail again, mainly wiring (im thinking of buying a new loom), The brakes need looking at (new callipers maybe) and the interior is looking tatty ( aplace in Wakefield restores car interiors quite cheaply.

The plan is also to up-rate a few bits, The head has been flow ported by pumaracing and is crying out for a cam and I'm thinking of an ECU to replace the crappy Dizzy advance thats always gave me problems.

If I end up finding the money to all of the above I'll be buying an Exhaust and filter, I know It sounds chav but I read when tuning a car the standard exhaust and filter become restrictive ? :D .

Oh and my Exhaust manifold has a big split in it so I'll be needing to buy a new one if I dont buy a 4-2-1 system.

For those not interested in Babble

Can you buy a 4-2-1 manifold that fits a 205 gti with PAS.

How much would I need to spend on an programmable ECU, cam, pulley, exhaust, filter.

Note: I'd be mainly buying a programmable ECU to iron out the pinking issue I've had since 2001.

And a little bit of extra grunt.

Any advice would be helpful.

Miles

The Power Steering has never been a problem with exhaust clearance on any engine (Not sure on the V6 thou) so on the 8v you;ve got ton's of room, Most 8v's are 4>1

On the ECU front as most say find a local Rolling Road that know's a system as it's worth allot and saves time for them, New ones are basically from around £550.00 to £2000.00 ish plus loom etc etc

Or a cheaper way is use the Motronic from a ZX and get Chipwizards to re-map it.

ALEX

I ask because I was looking at full system exhausts on the web and theyl say not PAS.

As if the 4-2-1 manifold hits the actuator on the steering rack

christopher

Is the Magnex a 4 to 1 or 4 2 1?

Anyway both 1.6 and 1.9 gti's we have had have PAS and a stainless magnex manifold

Peetypug

i've got a full magnex system on my 1.9 with a 4 to 1 manifold.

it doesnt foul the power steering but did catch the bulk head under heavy acceleration

until my little friend the lump hammer sorted out that little problem

then i found that my rear engine mount was knackered :) and thats why it fouled!

ALEX

Whats the best System to go for then?

Are Magnex the only ones that do 4-2-1 manifolds?

Peetypug

there are lesser known makes. there's one on ebay now by pro sport.

he wants 175 for it though :)

my magnex is 4-1 with a life time gaurantee

but im sure i've heard there's 4-2-1 system available. who by though i couldnt tell you

Miles

Maniflow sell one in Mild Steel and there's the old Isala one's (Spelling)

stevec205gti
i've got a full magnex system on my 1.9 with a 4 to 1 manifold.

it doesnt foul the power steering but did catch the bulk head under heavy acceleration

until my little friend the lump hammer sorted out that little problem

then i found that my rear engine mount was knackered :unsure: and thats why it fouled!

That'll also be why Magnex say you need to upgrade the lower engine mount with their stainless fanimold. :rolleyes:

r.u.sure

I had the Magnex 4 to 1 on mine with Pas and the uprated engine mount and didn't have any clearance problems.

Might be an idea if you're going with the Magnex, to get the original cup and ball joint fitting removed, and have a bit of flexi pipe welded in instead, I think they're pretty prone to blowing there, mine did and I expect a few other peoples on here did/do as well.

Peetypug

i've uprated the engine mount now.(a solid rudder one)

the bloody thing vibrates like a little toy that ladies like now though :rolleyes:

any ideas how to reduce it?

boldy205

haha you should try fitting the rest of the uprated mounts!! thats vibration for you! no you wont resolve the vibration, all you can do in make sure the exhaust is not touching the bodywork (as this will vibrate)

Sign in to follow this