• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willxs

Gti-6 Induction In A 205

willxs

using a GTi-6 inlet and throttle body and am wondering how you've fitted the air filter/induction and whether theres any additional pipes that connect to an induction pipe? any pictures etc would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Will

Alastairh

Hello mate, i had seen the 205 down the unit :)

Well you asked for a picture, heres what i have:

SV200655.sized.jpg

I was quite lucky to have that converter pipe as its ideal. Same place that id run a 8 valve item and out the way of water. It came with the Phase1 306 that i broke, but had the K+N inside the standard air box, so maybe worth emailing K+N for a pic of there main converter pipe or jump on the 306 forum for pics of other members cars, or if dought you can borrow my pic and ask some of the more knowledgeable 306 owners what pipe i have :D

I've seen Maxi's FDU in the flesh also that has a 6 lump in, he had a similar pipe but a bit longer, that hes had to run down towards the towing eye. He said its not really ideal, as come to a puddle you might be a little fooked which hes going to replace.

Hope it helps.

Alastair

DrSarty
SV200655.sized.jpg

Al H: I'm gonna PM Maxi to try and blag his rubber hose off him if/when he replaces it - because I have clever plans for mine and a longer hose would be useful.

As for your picture, the take-off hose coming off the larger one, due 'up' on the picture and just right of the left hand jubilee clip to the TB goes to what please?

Rich :)

jonnie205

That pic is of a standard 306 gti6 induction hose. You can either have filter behind headlight or down lower

VisaGTi16v

In my Xsara VTS (same engine) it angles down 90 degrees so the filter is actually vertical

Alastairh

Visa: yeah that was what i was meaning about Adams hose, and with puddles etc :(

Jonnie: Cheers jonnie, haven't had a chance to rip many 6 lumps out yet so didn't have anything to compare it to, although might have another soon... :D

Mr Sarty: Yeah, you might have more luck going on the 6 forum as theres a few breaking on there at a price, and im sure you can tell Adam doesn't come on here much anymore.

the hose i think you mean, supplys vacume hose, its runs to a T piece to the brake servo vacume and also to a breather behind the what would be dizzy area.

Alastair

willxs

was hopin you'd reply alastair as knew you were runnin a '6. cheers for the pic, its a bit help. i'll have to nosey round some scrappers then to see what i can find. ive got a K&N but its to small (standard 1.9 8v one). and will probably be to small in general.

VisaGTi16v

Yer my Xsaras k&n is much bigger than the one I had on my old 1.6 8v.

It does point down Alastair but its at least 1 foot off the ground and the Xsara has a plastic undertray anyway so water could only get to it through the grill just like in anything else. If you had it in a 205 you may want to put a shield underneath it perhaps and vent the air in from higher up

DrSarty
it's at least 1 foot off the ground and the Xsara has a plastic undertray anyway so water could only get to it through the grill just like in anything else. If you had it in a 205 you may want to put a shield underneath it perhaps and vent the air in from higher up

In line with these observations and as a result of 2 things:

{a} the apparent zero gains to be had from aftermarket induction filters (less them being needed due to lack of room) shown very amusingly here along with other pointless mods :D

{b} me doing 12 car rallies in Devon & Cornwall and often fording streams etc and needing to avoid my car gulping in water....

this is precisely why I'm utilising the standard, manufacturer's style of air box - as big as space allows I might add, with the correct K&N aftermarket paper filter fitted - with lots of cool air venting from cleverly placed tubing and maybe a wing or bonnet vent. I'm already losing the standard driving lamps to force air in and will ensure they can't pass water to the airbox. I may also heat shroud the airbox such that when the bonnet's closed there's no way on earth it's gonna get a whiff or warm air.

Anal-massive :lol:

Rich :(

Edited by DrSarty

VisaGTi16v

A k&n in a GTi6/VTS for some reason is so obscenely loud that it gives you at least 50 psychological horsepower though! :(

DrSarty
A k&n in a GTi6/VTS for some reason is so obscenely loud that it gives you at least 50 psychological horsepower though! :D

Sweet :(

Alastairh

No but Sarty, its true! There loud buggers! :(

whizzer71

Ah my sides are aching !,I havent laughed so much in ages,I liked those articles on Boost :( !!

DrSarty
Ah my sides are aching !,I havent laughed so much in ages,I liked those articles on Boost :lol: !!

Thanks Whizzer. Someone else linked to Boost once before on this forum. I'm just trying to share the love :D and glad to have entertained you.

I actually think it should be compulsory reading; if not for educational value, then at least for delivery and style. That is one, funny, knowledgable bloke.

Rich :(

Swazy

0000106jf8.jpg

That´s how it looks like under my bonnet :)

So we mounted a plate to use the throttle body from mi16 on gti6 inlet:

0000107ze8.jpg

And that´s our adapter for k+n, self made as plate above on CNC from aluminium

0000105vr9.jpg

And that´s the oilcooler ;)

0000109ka3.jpg

Edited by Swazy

Sign in to follow this