• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
midnight motorsport

Standard Immobilisers

midnight motorsport

this is not exactly 205 related, but still is an engine conversion that can be put in a 205, so thought id ask on here,

basicly i have an engine, loom and ecu from a citroen saxo vtr, its from a '99' i think, but not sure if its from a key coded car or chip'd key? its a silver top engine, and think its a 90 bhp model, i will get engine codes and ecu model if this brings back anything, i know that the keypads can be removed, but can the ecu be overriden if its a chipped key? as on most of the wiring diagramsi have it shows 2 wires coming out of the ecu into the immobiliser module, does this mean that you can join these wires? or is there a certain voltage/resistance in these wires to disarm the immobiliser?

any help would be appreciated,

cheers

jay

pugrallye

It will more than likely be a transponder key, in which case there would be a reader coil round the ignition barrel of the donor car going to the immobiliser, not sure if you can lock it out like a keypad or if ecu will need recoding to not recognise/ require it

Sign in to follow this