• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arahan

Oil Leak

Arahan

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've had (what I thought was) a really bad oil leak! Checked under the car and it looked as if oil was leaking from the sump, in particular, it looked like it was coming out of the bolt holes!

So after searching on here how to cure it, I was all set to take the sump off, clean it up and re-seal it to see if that stopped it.

Firstly though I thought I'd give the sump and surrounding area under the car a quick clean with a dry rag to make 100% sure it was the sump.

Cleaned it all off, started the engine, got underneath to have a look....and nothing at 1st, then about 30 seconds later, 1 drop came from the sump, then slowly afew more, till there was a small run of oil going down about the centre of my sump.

I thought that if it was a sump oil leak it would've happened abit quicker than it did, so I cleaned it off and switched the engine off. I looked under the bonnet for any oil, like drips or anything but didn't immediately notice anything, so I thought it might of been a split pipe or something but was unsure which.

I started the engine again and looked back under the bonnet to see oil coming out of the oil pressure switch!

Quick change of that and the leak has stopped! Very pleased! :)

Sign in to follow this