• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
calvinhorse

Tu 1600 Build

GazRallye

Thanks mate that would be greatly appreciated, i remember reading about the user 'macoroni' on here getting his distro recurved by h&h (i think)

EDIT:

Well i've just spoken to H&H they said they can recurve the dizzy no problem £25 plus VAT,

Are there any other problems I'm likely to encounter with a high compression ratio, will the engine run warm or will the headgasket or the engine internals suffer from extra the stress this will exert on the engine?

Also what gearboxes can I use that I can still use my 205 driveshafts with, thet're only a couple of months old and dont want to replace them? Am I right in thinking that the saxo ones would be no good?

Edited by GazRallye

allanallen

the xs gearbox we had did not fit the vtr block, the holes didnt line up.

calvins got a saxo furio box on his(think its got closer ratios than the vtr box), and yes 205 driveshafts etc still fit. al

Sandy

The timing problem will be more than simply altering the curve, you'll "need" the kind of curve you can't create with a mechanical distributor. You'll end up losing power.

The gearbox issue is simply that the pre-92 boxes don't have the cutout for the crank sensor. You can cut it out if you need a crank sensor.

GazRallye
The timing problem will be more than simply altering the curve, you'll "need" the kind of curve you can't create with a mechanical distributor. You'll end up losing power.

The gearbox issue is simply that the pre-92 boxes don't have the cutout for the crank sensor. You can cut it out if you need a crank sensor.

I know it may not be ideal, but i'm working within my budget, if it works and gives power gains over my 85 bhp then i'll be happy

christopher
They are dcoe 40's

Yes 23mm torsion bars and a 25mm ARB. :)

We'll be able to have a TU meet with the amount of people building fast TU's atm. :blush:

:D May I suggest Copenhagen as a suitable location? B)

So this means a pre 92 box will fit a post 92 block as long as you don't need the crank sensor?

Sandy

Yes.

allanallen
Yes.

dont mean to be an argumetative twat but the xs box we had wouldn't fit the vtr block and we weren't using a crank sensor anyways. The holes simply didnt match up (and no it wasn't upside down :) )

anyone else come accross this???

24seven

What are the advantages to the TU engine over the XU? I've not really read up much on the TU engine as I've only owned XU, but there are a number of TU builds going on atm I've read about so they must be good engines.

Sandy
dont mean to be an argumetative twat but the xs box we had wouldn't fit the vtr block and we weren't using a crank sensor anyways. The holes simply didnt match up (and no it wasn't upside down ^_^ )

anyone else come accross this???

LoL, I've used 205 XS engine blocks with the later VTS/106 Rallye gearboxes, I can see any reason why the opposite would be an issue, the bolt patterns are the same. Maybe you had dowels in the way?

calvinhorse

the xs engine and gearbox i bought mated together but not to the vtr block it was the front to holes that didnt line up?

it was from BERTMAN so he should know the year? possibly f-reg??

Sandy

I'm seeing it now, the front lower hole eh?

calvinhorse

around the timing light hole area

Sandy

Yes, minor glitch.

allanallen
Yes, minor glitch.

i Knew there was something dodgy :)

christopher

What did you guys do with regards to engine mounts? Obviously the iron block is heavier and will rock more then the alu?

calvinhorse

ti motorsport solid rubber bottom mount

gearbox standard

cam side is standard with bits of plastic wedged in :wacko:

christopher
ti motorsport solid rubber bottom mount

gearbox standard

cam side is standard with bits of plastic wedged in :)

Its not to rattly?

calvinhorse

it is when new but it beds in/get used to it...??

Sign in to follow this