• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

A Few Update Pics Of Xu10j4r On R1 Bodies

Richie-Van-GTi

Since Ive been pestering you all with questions thought Id share a few pics of progress. Its a mock assmbly to check clearances of mounts etc, basically head is balanced on as is engine mount, cam covers and mani with bodies etc. Its looking pretty good so far, cut the mount down to clear the bodies and seated the bodies at an angle in comparison to inlet face so they should sit low enough for bonnet clearance B)

normal_31052007202.jpg

normal_31052007203.jpg

normal_31052007204.jpg

t16ryan

Looking good B)

Alastairh

Cool, are you going to be running pas then, because they're heavy old mounts!

Alastair

DTORU

Looking Good But Why Are They Mounted Upside Down??

Thanks

DTORU

Richie-Van-GTi

not running PAS, the alternator fastens top and bottom on the mount then a tensioner bolts down the side. I know Im adding 1 or 2 kg but ultimatley get a better belt set up.

Bodies are upside down for clearance reasons, Ive removed the venturis anyway as they only open 50% which is going to be restrictive on a car so nothing else will be affected by the upside down mounting. Also means the fuel rail sits along the top as normal :)

max0

looking good rich, if you take it to motor scope let me know and ill come have a butchers :)

Richie-Van-GTi

it will be at motoscope when its ready. Will be down there soon anywy getting chris417mi's car remapped. Will let you know when if you want to pop over and have a chat n nosey :)

max0
it will be at motoscope when its ready. Will be down there soon anywy getting chris417mi's car remapped. Will let you know when if you want to pop over and have a chat n nosey :)

sounds like a plan, chris mi looked v nice when i saw it up at his when i came to collect a 1.6 engine from you. Been watching bens process with the green one :P

edit think im at croft on sunday too

Edited by max0

jonnie205

You want a gti6 top engine mount as your looks like its been modded. I would advise removeing the old pas mounts with an angle grinder both sides. Bolt the alternator on with the top and bottom bolt and use an mi16 cambelt tensioner bolted to mount in order to tension belt, you will need an mi16 alt belt as that has the correct nukber of ribs on it.

fletch

Is that not a Gti6 head as well?

B1ack_Mi16
Is that not a Gti6 head as well?

XU10J4R and XU10J4RS heads looks the same.

Richie-Van-GTi

give away with the head, gti6 uses individual coil packs with a different cover down the centre, j4 uses a fixed bank of 4.

Sign in to follow this