• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Couple More Questions About My Xs

M_R_205

well after it fired up the other day iv since fitted a new back box (for some reason??) attached all the water hoses , radiator, and drive shafts and filled it up with coolant,

any way.. when it is warmed up and i nock the choke off it all runs fine (it acctualy starts with out the choke quite easliy too) when i twist the throttle quickly it instantly boggs right down and almost stalls, however if i twist the throtle slowly it dosent do it.....

secondly, the fog lights come on with the engine however only come on after it been reved :S iv checked all the conections and there all ok and nothis is shorting so im a bit stumped with this one,

and finaly it seems to haves stoped now but there was a loud squeeling noise coming from either the carb or the water pump, any ideas on why that may be???

appart from them three things its spot on itching to take it for a blast now ;)

EDIT: forgot to ask also, where on the guage should the fans come on? its gone up to half way without them coming on, though id doubvle check,

TA :D

Edited by M_R_205

johnnyboy666

the lights sound like my dipped beams, you have to rev the engine and its as if they sort of vibrate themselves on, only happens on the passenger side one with me though.

djinuk

loud squeeling is most likley your cambelt tensioner, get it changed

M_R_205
loud squeeling is most likley your cambelt tensioner, get it changed

the tensioner was replaced when i rebuilt the engienalong with cam belt, it hasnt done it for a while now so im guessing it was a noisy water pump as i ran the engine with no colant in it for a bit..

as for the lights im going to try a new switchsee if tht cures it, otherwise just disconect them or run a new switch/relay lol

Casanova

Mine can get up to three quarters on the temp gauge without worrying the fan, don't worry :)

§

Edited by Casanova

M_R_205
Mine can get up to three quarters on the temp gauge without worrying the fan, don't worry :)

§

ahh rite, thats cool then, i pulled the thermostat off and threw it in the bin this morning as it wasnt opening at all, theres now only one thing left to get the car perfect and thats the litle black throttle cable adjuster that sits against the carb, i seem to have put it in one of those special places, once iv got that off my mate its fun time :)

Sign in to follow this