• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Trick

Diff Between Be1 And Be3 And Mi16 Box

Ryan

The flat selector arms were the givaway for me. But yeah, that hole is there on both types.

Baz

On a BE3 you can also easily find all the gears and reverse manually,(by moving the selectors by hand) Reverse is quite obvious as there's a bit of a clunk, just another way to tell.

pug_ham

To be able to say with total conviction what box it is have a look on the casing by the diff. I've just looked on a Be3 & it says Be3 on the main casting (see attached picture) but not on a Be1, that just says XU30.

Graham.

post-71-1181010676_thumb.jpg

Trick

like a complete tw*t ive just realised that ive ordered a 405 gearbox cable (for the lift up reverse). i had it in my head that i would need a 405 lever and the cable.

But obviously the BE1 is lift up reverse, so this would mean that 205s have the lift up too...

Now..the question is, does anyone know if the cable will be the same as the 405? no doubt it wont (£28 from pug :P )

Edited by Trick

pug_ham
Now..the question is, does anyone know if the cable will be the same as the 405? no doubt it wont (£28 from pug :) )
They have different part numbers & are routed into the car in a different way so I very much doubt you could use the 405 one on a 205. :D

Graham.

Trick

Gents...i need some help in determining which cable to get for the gear lever..if possible please?

According to pug, there are three different cables for the BE1 gearbox for 205...not sure of the difference. Will it be down to the gear lever and which year it came out of, or the gearbox year?

pug_ham
Gents...i need some help in determining which cable to get for the gear lever..if possible please?

According to pug, there are three different cables for the BE1 gearbox for 205...not sure of the difference. Will it be down to the gear lever and which year it came out of, or the gearbox year?

Looking at the parts cd it shows two;

• 2410 30 01 CONTROL CABLE
    UP TO 12/1986

• 2410 31 01
    SINCE 12/1986

Its going to be difficult to find which one you need without know what year of car the gearstick came from, although the parts cd only shows one part number for the gearstick- 2400 52 for both upto & since 12/86.

Personally I'd risk getting one for since 12/86, I think you'd be unlucky to have one from upto 12/86 car.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this