• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Scottieb

Layed My Own Megasquirt Pcb Out

Scottieb

Well being the sort that likes to put my own stamp on anything I do, Decided to lay my own PCB out for MS 1. i have included all the hardware for the MS'n'S upgrades on the board, like EGT logging, traction control, shift lights, switchable tables, realtime barometric correction, 4 spark outputs, knock sensor input, boost control, etc.

Its all done in suface mount apart from the power devices, still on a 100X160mm pcb, but I have used a 36 way econoseal connector, better suited to the application I think.

I have not managed to get one on the 205 yet, but have run it on a rover V8 and it seems fine. hoping to get one on the pug before the end of the summer. wont be sorry to see the back of that nasty AFM!

More pics to follow:

IMG_2552.jpg

Super Josh

That looks very interesting. What sort of design rules have you followed for the layout? And how do you intend to verify that it will work properly and meet the design specs, if you have access to them?

I like the idea of the econoseal connector. At least it means you could mount it in the engine bay, if so desired.

How many PCBs did you have made?

Josh

Scottieb

PCB is layed out to 10 thou min track width and 10 thou min gap, pretty standard stuff really.

As far as verifying it goes, its only for my own use for I wont be going down any formal routes, I dont have access to anything other that whats on the web for everyone else.

The one thing I have done though is put a unit on 'Soak' in the garage that is running permenantly driving 8 injectors. That should show up any weak spots. aside from that i'll be running one in both my 205's and the other halfs rover V8 powered car is running one.

I had 5 bare boards made through PCB train.

Scott

Sign in to follow this