• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KaspaCti

Q-drive Driveshafts

KaspaCti

Hi,

I was just having a look on Euro Car Parts website and noticed that they are selling cheap 1.6 driveshafts. The passenger side is only £32.49 plus vat and the drivers side is £34.40 plus vat. This seems very cheap! They are listed as being manufactured by Q-Drive who I have not heard of before. Has anyone had any experience in terms of the quality of these driveshafts?

I'm just putting everything back together on my CTi and although I'm not aware of any problems with the existing driveshafts they do look like they have been on the car for quite a while. I'm tempted to bung a couple of the Q-Drive ones on at that price, provided that they aren't complete rubbish. Especially as I don't fancy repeating removal of the driveshafts in the near (or distant) future :D Lets just say it didn't go well and If I'd had a swear box I'd be on two weeks holiday by now ;)

Cheers

Sean

DirtyFlare

i dont know how good the shafts are but thats the right price if your drive shafts are in a serviceable condition. If not you have to pay a surcharge of £20+ on new drive shafts

KaspaCti
i dont know how good the shafts are but thats the right price if your drive shafts are in a serviceable condition. If not you have to pay a surcharge of £20+ on new drive shafts

Cheers DirtyFlare,

Must admit I thought they were cheap, not bought driveshafts before but I thought they were normally around £55 - 60 each plus the surcharge if you didn't have the old ones to exchange? Still might get them at that price but just wondered if anyone had any experience of these Q-Drive driveshafts because I won't bother if they are going to disintegrate after 6 months :D .

inferno

only issues i have through work with euro parts... they sometimes have to send 5 different shafts and still they send the wrong ones!!! quality wise, never had one go wrong in an unusually short timescale.

KaspaCti
only issues i have through work with euro parts... they sometimes have to send 5 different shafts and still they send the wrong ones!!! quality wise, never had one go wrong in an unusually short timescale.

Thanks Inferno,

I'm picking them up tomorrow so hopefully they've ordered the right ones :D Good to hear you haven't experienced any quality issues with euro car parts.

Thanks again

Sean

KaspaCti
Thanks Inferno,

I'm picking them up tomorrow so hopefully they've ordered the right ones :) Good to hear you haven't experienced any quality issues with euro car parts.

Thanks again

Sean

Just picked up the driveshafts and they certainly look absolutely fine. Interesting thing was that Euro Car Parts didn't want the old ones and no surcharge to pay either, bargain all round :D

Alastairh

Im happy with my ecp shafts, one word of warning check them over like a hawk, as it took me a few times to get the correct ones!

Edited by Alastairh

Sign in to follow this