• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arahan

Turbo Diesel Injection System

Arahan

Just wondering if anyone knows what injection system the late 205 turbo diesels use? i.e. Jetronic, Motronic....

I've searched but it didn't turn up any results!

Mikey S
Just wondering if anyone knows what injection system the late 205 turbo diesels use? i.e. Jetronic, Motronic....

I've searched but it didn't turn up any results!

they dont mate. its all mechanical within the pump. the only electrical bits are the glow plugs.

once its running it relies on nothing electrical :huh:

Edited by pugger

welshpug

IIRC the 1.8 turbo's use a Lucas roto diesel mechanical injection pump, pretty sure the Bosch version was only used on the 1.9

Arahan

ah right! i had no idea! I thought they would have had an ECU etc!

edthedrummer
ah right! i had no idea! I thought they would have had an ECU etc!

nope. they use either a lucas cav/roto diesel or a bosch pump. As stated before, once the glow plugs have heated the combustion chamber, its purely mechanical.

I would be interested however to see if you could find some way to run an ecu into it. My knowledge is pretty small when it comes to diesels so i'm sorry if what i say is turd.

Could you use throttle bodies on one? I couldn't see a reason why not, obviously the fuel would be mixed with air i guess, and then as it is injected it would self combust because of the pressure?

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Mikey G

First off a diesel doesnt run a throttle body, the engine speed is governed by the amount of fuel the pump puts into the combustion chamber. This is directly injected at a precise time for it to fire and run.

Newer common rail diesels (like the HDi) do run an ecu but dont run a pump like that of a conventional diesel. It runs individual electronically controlled injectors like that of a petrol engine in some respect but again they inject direct into the combustion chamber.

The only way you are going to get gains on the old diesel engine is to up the turbo boost pressure and get the pump recalibrated and timed to suit.

Bats

In addition to the glow plugs the only electrical part is the fuel solenoid valve that sits in the fuel pump body. The solenoid valve stops the engine when you turn the ignition off as it then kills the fuel supply.

edthedrummer

fair enough, that's put me right on that one.

Originally posted by Mikey G

First off a diesel doesnt run a throttle body, the engine speed is governed by the amount of fuel the pump puts into the combustion chamber. This is directly injected at a precise time for it to fire and run.

Newer common rail diesels (like the HDi) do run an ecu but dont run a pump like that of a conventional diesel. It runs individual electronically controlled injectors like that of a petrol engine in some respect but again they inject direct into the combustion chamber.

The only way you are going to get gains on the old diesel engine is to up the turbo boost pressure and get the pump recalibrated and timed to suit.

Edited by edthedrummer

sutol

once its running it relies on nothing electrical :lol:

I've just removed the box from my 92 205 turbo diesel and it has a flywheel sensor (I think). Is this a box from another vehicle or is the flywheel sensor something else.? It cant cotrol anything because as you say once it is running everything is mechanical <_<

DTORU

Mines Got One, The Rev Counter Uses It.

Thanks

DTORU

sutol
Mines Got One, The Rev Counter Uses It.

Thanks

DTORU

Doooh <_<

DTORU

Best Thing For Cheap Power Is To Fit 306 Inlet Manifold Setup With Top Mount Intercooler, 306 Exhaust Manifold And Garret T2 Turbo (Bin The KKK As There Pants!) Turn The Turbo Flat Out And The Diesel Flat Ouit And Remove The Limiter! I Got 83.5 BHP At The Wheels On The dyno! Just As Good As A 1.6GTI But More Torque!.

Thanks

DTORU

foreigner
Best Thing For Cheap Power Is To Fit 306 Inlet Manifold Setup With Top Mount Intercooler, 306 Exhaust Manifold And Garret T2 Turbo (Bin The KKK As There Pants!) Turn The Turbo Flat Out And The Diesel Flat Ouit And Remove The Limiter! I Got 83.5 BHP At The Wheels On The dyno! Just As Good As A 1.6GTI But More Torque!.

Thanks

DTORU

You forgot to say to fit bonet scoop to cool down intercooler.

edthedrummer

Thanks

DTORU

how reliable has it been? and what torque figures are we looking at? it has 152nm as standard if i remember correctly?

how easy was this to do? is there a link for it? sorry for all the questions.

Sign in to follow this