• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Megasquirt Help Needed

SPGTi

I have aquired one of the MS1 v3 PCB units from the group buy. From reading through the group buy posts I presumed that the preassembled ones would be ready to directly drive a coil pack . This does not appear to be the case. One of the drivers is installed the other is in a plastic bag ready to be installed.

Is there anybody prepared to instal this extra driver (and 1 capacitor)? Being a prebuilt unit I have no stim to test the unit and I am not very confident in my own soldering abilities.

I am told this is a 5min job.

I think that the 2nd driver was not installed due to the fact that the "driver bar" is full and the usual space for the 2nd driver is being used by something else. I am informed that it is not a issue to connect the 2nd driver to the case or install a 2nd bar in a double decker config.

Anyway if there is someone competant / knows what I am talking about and prepared to help please contact me.

cheers

steve

jackherer

I'll do it (and I've got a megastim) but you may want to find someone nearer...

Bats

I got my V3 through the group buy also. I sent the MS to Bill Shurvinton (bill@shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk) to have the 2nd vb921 installed. He installed it under the board on an additional piece of heat sink bar through bolted to the top heatsink. He added the additional wiring and reconfigured some resistors as per the build manual, and also checked all the jumper settings were set up ok for my requirements. I also got a stim and a relay board off him. Royal mail next day special delivery including £500 insurance is less than £5 each way.

I have had trouble getting my car running due to an intermittent rpm signal from the vr sensor / toothed whel setup, so the ms has gone back to Bill for checking out. Very satisfied with what he has done to help me out.

SPGTi
I'll do it (and I've got a megastim) but you may want to find someone nearer...

Thanks for the offer. I am down London area sometimes so maybe feasible.

Bats,

How much did Bill charge. PM if you like.

Cheers

Steve

jonand
I have had trouble getting my car running due to an intermittent rpm signal from the vr sensor / toothed whel setup, so the ms has gone back to Bill for checking out. Very satisfied with what he has done to help me out.

Sorry to hyjack post - but I would be interested in knowing the outcome of the VR problem as I have a similar issue.

Thanks

Jon

Bats
Thanks for the offer. I am down London area sometimes so maybe feasible.

Bats,

How much did Bill charge. PM if you like.

Cheers

Steve

I can't remember the exact price as it was included with buying the ralay board. I think it was in the £30-£40 range.

Bats
Sorry to hyjack post - but I would be interested in knowing the outcome of the VR problem as I have a similar issue.

Thanks

Jon

I'll keep you informed. Will start a fresh thread if any worthwhile info comes to light.

cybernck

i'm a bit confused as i've got MP821's instead of VB921's? :) :)

SPGTi
i'm a bit confused as i've got MP821's instead of VB921's? :) :)

As far as I understand, to directly drive a coilpack from MS you need 2 VB921's installed. There are no equivalent parts for the VB921's (again a thread about this on the MSextra forum).

At the moment I am not very impressed with Dr Seuss's group buy. I was not part of the group buy, I bought my unit from someone who was though and one of the main points in the group buy was direct drive for coil packs and pay Seuss for the "expert" assembly. I would have thought this would include installation of both VB921's, not just one and the other in a plastic bag.I am just hoping that everything else is done properly and it doesn't cost me more money, esp. has he has "dissappeared".

Steve

Scottieb

The MP821 is the resistor in the output driver circuit for the injectors. These are not the coil pack driver IC's if you want to use coil pack you will have to get some VB921's and fit them. there are some on ebay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Edited by Scottieb

cybernck

i've taken a better look now and i do have one VB921, but not the 2nd one i should have had - i'll take another look though.

Sign in to follow this