• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

Bit Of Trouble Fitting My Eibach Springs

oli-pug

i've been trying to fit my eibach pro's to a pair of koni top adjustable dampers but cant seem to get the top mount bearings sitting square in their seat when the springs are in the right position (with the ends of the coil against the notches in the strut and top plate)

the bearings just pop up off their seating on one side when the struts are moved at all. the nuts are done up as tight as i can get them off the car with an impact gun but their is still some movement. Any tips on tightening up top adjustables.

by the way, ive also got baker group n top mounts

cheers

Edited by oli-pug

oli-pug

anyone got any ideas???

are the springs meant to be a certain way up?

pug_ham

If everything is together right & the top mount nut tight I can't think of any reason why this would happen.

It shouldn't matter which way the springs are fitted but I think general thoughts are that the tighter wound coils go to the bottom.

You should be able to turn the top mount / sturt around with no problem.

Graham.

oli-pug

well, i still cant fgure it out!

everythings together right, the only thing it can be is i need to tighten the top nut up more so here's more tension holding the bearing in its seat...

anyone with koni's. how do you tighten the top mount nut properly?? i dont fancy clamping onto the adjustable thing!

GTI6BOY

Just put some bbm mounts on 2 days ago,

You put the rubber the right way round as i did this and the barrings did not sit right, so i took it all apart relised the rubber was up side down.

Then it worked.

the curve on the rubber should be at the top?

Edited by GTI6BOY

oli-pug

interesting... i fitted them with the smallest end ( inward curving) on the bottom as the bigger top seemed to fit snuggly in the top mount this way!

is this what you mean mate?

GTI6BOY

Yeah the curved bit goes in the curve of the top mount

pug_ham

Sounds like you have it put together in the right wauy.

I've got top adjustable Koni's & I've used mole grips with the jaws protected to get the top nut done as tight as I could before they started slipping & then with the sturt back onteh car & weight on I got a little bit more.

Then I used a low torque impact gun when I took the car for its MOT.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this