• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gavtrials

Bumper And Trim Refurb?

j_turnell

Also a big fan of AG but tbh i haven't really tried anything else.

after.sized.jpg

fulani

So what's the exact name of this wonder-miracle stuff then? I was down at Halford's in my lunch break, but there was a bewildering array of different products.

What's the best?

edthedrummer
Well when i wanted to change the look of mine i used some halfrauds black vinyl bumper paint.

Worked a treat, even tho i used about 4 tins of the stuff.

Definately going to try some of that stuff, mine are so grey they are verging on white.

The results look fantastic.

Ade

Another thumbs up for Auto Glym bumper care!! Very snot like but does a great job!! The front bumper on mine was very light grey/white and it's come up an absolute treat! My brother thought I'd waxed the car to death as he said "it looks much redder".

In fact even the missus noticed!!! Must be good stuff :D

fulani

So it's called "Auto Glym Bumper Care"?

lyncho23

i just use auto gly sylicone spray

car

daz

rossi

Alright gavtrials. I met you fair while ago in porthcawl ont trials bikes. You still into trials?

How are the bumpers lookin?? Just done all mine tonight with that Auto Glym bumper care, snotty stuff. Mine had all faded to light grey before I applied this stuff, and it's just brought the platic back to life, actually looks good. See how long before they go dull again!

lee7421

is it really necessary to lacquer the bumpers after spraying as it says in the article?

fulani
is it really necessary to lacquer the bumpers after spraying as it says in the article?

As it says in the article - no. :)

Guest firenzaman
Was going to use boot polish on mine but decided on paint instead

worked out rather well

Check it

post-9302-1179007727_thumb.jpg

try smooth penut butter mate honest the oils in it bring bumpers up a treat and its cheap.

GLPoomobile
try smooth penut butter mate honest the oils in it bring bumpers up a treat and its cheap.

I'm getting visions similar to a scene in a repeat of The Simpsons the other day. It's the one where some kids stick sea shells all over Homer's car and as they are driving home it is covered in Seagulls attracted by the smell. I can just imagine you driving around in the 205 being followed by swarms of bees, wasps, sea gulls, pigeons, tramps and god knows what else :)

lee7421

whoops wot can i say im lazy lol

Sign in to follow this