• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

F.a.o Those Confident In Doing Wiring Loom Conversions!

welshpug

I have a Citroen ZX that I'm installing a gti6 engine into, and i have come to the wiring.

both systems are quite similar, one being Bosch (its a ZX 16v) the new one being magneti marelli.

I have worked out the theory of what I need to do but I'm a bit nervous about actually doing the work to it in case I do anything irreversible!

my theory is this -

I use the ZX feed wires and the few sender wires that come direct from the plug on the wing, and pull the neccesary power and gauge wires from the ZX's ecu plug and use them in the 6 plug (both plugs are Bosch 3 row B) )

ecu plugs - PICT0155.jpg

though the pin layout differs the number of wires required to make both run are the same bar the coil pack setup as the 6 doesnt use ignition amps.

ZX loom - PICT0157.jpg

6 loom - PICT0158.jpg

am I right? and is anyone able to sort it out for me? I have seen that PRD and a few others do looms to plug the Mi16 into a 205, I want the same thing but for a 6 into a ZX if you get my meaning!

Sign in to follow this