• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Options For Ignition

DamirGTI

Hi !

I have 1.9 D6B engine with 11.1 CR (flat top pistons) potred head , 3 angle seats ... and have problems with ignition - engine now detonate on factory ignition timing .

I've set timing now almost to the end beyond 5 degree and it is ok. detonate only in 4-th or 5-th on full load started from 2000rpm in these two gears on 98 octane gas , but idle speed is now bad which I can't adjust revs jumping all over from 700rmp to 1000-1200rmp and most importent engine has no power :(

What would be the cheapest solution to make mappable ignition ?

I've try sending e-mails to :http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk (for distributor springs changing) , but with no luck can't get in touch with them ..

Thanks

Damir

j_turnell

Probably best off getting an after market igntion system such as omex. This was covered recently a search should bring up some results.

Rippthrough

Megajolt!

petert

Mapped ignition or a recurved dizzy are the two alternatives. You still need 31-32 degs. of total advance for maximum power, but as you've discovered, it will now ping badly in the 2000-3000 region. I'd buy a full fuel/ignition ECU. The cost is not much more and still uses all the same sensors.

DamirGTI

Ok. Thanks :lol:

How about this Megajolt ? how hard is this for building , installing and setting up by myself ?

Damir

PumaRacing
Hi !

I have 1.9 D6B engine with 11.1 CR (flat top pistons)

Are you guessing or have you measured things properly? Without the 14.5cc dish in the standard 1.9 pistons the CR would be 12.3.

Edited by PumaRacing

DamirGTI

Sorry just guessing ;)

The pistons are from 1.9 DFZ engine , but same sa the ones in 1.6 engines althou i didn't mesure precise CR yet . I don't have compression tester :D

Damir

Rippthrough
Sorry just guessing ;)

The pistons are from 1.9 DFZ engine , but same sa the ones in 1.6 engines althou i didn't mesure precise CR yet . I don't have compression tester :D

Damir

Even if you did it wouldn't really help you with the exact compression ;)

DamirGTI

Yes , me thinks that almost all compression testers gives different readings when compared to each other .. :D

benlilly

Hi Damir,

You need to calculate the compression ratio of your engine.

Have a look here for a clear and detailed explanation

Pumaracing

A compression tester will only really measure how well the rings seal and if there are any valve clearance problems.

Sign in to follow this