• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Coil Pack Swap

Rippthrough

I'm guessing you can do this as I can't see the wiring being much different - but Does the existing coil pack connector plug straight into the COP units, or do I have to rearrange the wiring?

205johnnyxsi

rearrange

Rippthrough
rearrange

DO you know what the wiring needs rearranging to?

RossD
DO you know what the wiring needs rearranging to?

Is there any advantage to doing this, I know that they had lots of problems with the coil on plug units.....?

Rippthrough
Is there any advantage to doing this, I know that they had lots of problems with the coil on plug units.....?

Probably not a lot, but I suspect my normal coil pack is dead and I can get a genuine COP type for peanuts.

RossD
Probably not a lot, but I suspect my normal coil pack is dead and I can get a genuine COP type for peanuts.

You should have been on ebay a couple of days ago.... I won an 8v coil pack for £3.20!! :( I'm using it for my TU build.

Rippthrough
You should have been on ebay a couple of days ago.... I won an 8v coil pack for £3.20!! :( I'm using it for my TU build.

You wouldn't have if I had seen it :(

RossD
You wouldn't have if I had seen it B)

:P:D

Sam

When I was working at halfords we were ditching our Lucas (basically OEM) stock of coilpacks, including the 8v. I got a spare for 15 quid. I bet if you could find one in store it'd be dirt cheap. Sat in my garage till 2008 :rolleyes:

Rippthrough
When I was working at halfords we were ditching our Lucas (basically OEM) stock of coilpacks, including the 8v. I got a spare for 15 quid. I bet if you could find one in store it'd be dirt cheap. Sat in my garage till 2008 :lol:

Got this one now, cost me £20 including a spare + extensions, both are genuine peugeot units :rolleyes:

Just got to find out which way the wiring needs to go!

Rippthrough

If anyone has a loom side connector to fit I'm after one, even if you've just filched it from the scrapyard.

Rippthrough

Well, got a connector, spliced the loom in to test it - then realised that the throttle cable for my single point injection sits where the coil pack needs to go, doh!

Anyone want to swap a brand new, genuine coil pack including extensions + connector for one of the old style packs in full working order? :)

bren_1.3

ffs phil, what the hell have you been doing! :blink::P

ablister

the new ones are crap anyway! If you have one of the new ones, make sure it's the modified ones as those are better

best to stick to the normal ones + leads

Rippthrough
ffs phil, what the hell have you been doing! :P:D

I'm ok, I've skanked a brand new old-shape one for a pint :ph34r:

I'll get the new one on when the bodies go on next month :ph34r:

Edited by Rippthrough

Sign in to follow this