• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomo205

Magnex 4 Branch

tomo205

could anyone point me in the right direction, i'm after an exhaust to fit a Magnex 4 branch manifold

thanks

tom

Richie-Van-GTi

I used standard centre section and backbox with olive fitments and made up an intermediate pipe to fasten magnex to the olive.

tomo205

is there a system that will fit straight on to the manifold

hengti

the Magnex system obviously fits but there are others. i had a Piper stainless system that went straight on and was, i might say, a lot better made than the Magnex

mickie

i hate my magnex manifold..

Baz

I hate all 3 of my magnex's! :lol:

fxi1900

If a magnex is to be fitted it must be done correctly using the Group "N" rear engine mount, Most people just buy a magnex off ebay and fit it without doing the engine mount, Then it turns into a nighmare. Also ideally it should also be heat-wrapped.

dee205

Heatwrap has a few downsides like holding mositure which can rot the manifold. Also the built up heat can be transfered back into the head. i never had any problems not using it when I had one on my 1.6

Damien

tom_m
Heatwrap has a few downsides like holding mositure which can rot the manifold. Also the built up heat can be transfered back into the head. i never had any problems not using it when I had one on my 1.6

Damien

you do get a fair bit of heat off it tho, I've just stripped out the car for a cage fitting and i found the bulkhead sound deadening was melted and the seam sealer has cracked and fallen off where the exhaust tunnel meets the bulkhead (brown stain) :P

DSC00245.jpg

Edited by tom_m

Sign in to follow this