• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbender

Kent Cam Pt28

pugbender

I saw in the kent cam web site that there's 2 kind of pt 28, one for the 1.6 engine and onother one for the 1.9 engine; i noticed aslo that in others camshafts manufacturers the same cam with the caracteristics has two different names: my question is what is the difference between the same caracteristics camshaft but for 1.6 and 1.9 engine?it's possible to fit a 1.9 cam in a 1.6 engine or the duration and timing goes wrong?

please help me buy guys

brianthemagical

i think i'm right in saying that the pt28 is similar to standard and consequently a waste of money.

pugbender

yes but you doesn't answer my question. :)

smckeown

what ? A PT28 is a full race cam. Look at the lift and duration. I can't answer the actual question by the way :)

pip470

The 1.9 and 1.6 heads are the same, maybe they have developed two cams to suit the different capacities better. But like brain the magical said waste of money. Sorry cant be more imformative.

pug_ham

Looking at the list of Pug Kent cams I have the PT28 certainly isn't anything near the standard cam

• PT28

• Race

• 3000 - 7800

• 12.42mm Inlet 12.59mm Exhaust

• 12.16mm Inlet 12.29 Exhaust

• 309 314 Degrees

• 49/80 85/49

• 106 Degrees

0.25mm Inlet 0.30mm Exhaust

• Peugeot 205 / 309 / 405 1.6

Looking through the Kent website at the cam specs there is no visable difference between the ones listed for the 1.6 & 1.9 engines.

The PT36 is almost the same as standard though.

Graham.

pugbender

in effect i remember to have read the caracteristics of a full race cam!!

pugbender

yes pugtorque the only difference i noticed is only in the identifing codice, so if the codice is different also the cam should have some particular difference between the 1.6 and 1.9 engine

pug_ham

The part number is PT28 for the cam for both engines.

What difference have you found in the codice?

Graham.

pugbender

hi, well in effect the isn't a difference in the codice but just it isn't the same for 1.6 and 1.9; if you notice on the catcams web site there's a mild cam that for xu5 is named 4900239 duration 274° lift 11.90 and the same caracteristics cam 274° duration and 11.90 lift for xu9 and xu10 engines is named 4900339; you can see the difference in the codice also if it looks like the same cams!

brianthemagical
what ? A PT28 is a full race cam. Look at the lift and duration. I can't answer the actual question by the way

Looking at the list of Pug Kent cams I have the PT28 certainly isn't anything near the standard cam

i stand corrected.

dee205
  • PT28

• Race

• 3000 - 7800

• 12.42mm Inlet 12.59mm Exhaust

• 12.16mm Inlet 12.29 Exhaust

• 309 314 Degrees

• 49/80 85/49

• 106 Degrees

0.25mm Inlet 0.30mm Exhaust

• Peugeot 205 / 309 / 405 1.6

Looking through the Kent website at the cam specs there is no visable difference between the ones listed for the 1.6 & 1.9 engines.

The PT36 is almost the same as standard though.

Graham.

Just noticed the power range on that cam. 3000-7800. Standard ecu limits at 6900 so mightn't be much good on a standard car unless you remove the limiter. Or maybe you're using carbs.. Still 7800 rpm might put a strain on internals surely.

Damien

smckeown
Just noticed the power range on that cam. 3000-7800. Standard ecu limits at 6900 so mightn't be much good on a standard car unless you remove the limiter. Or maybe you're using carbs.. Still 7800 rpm might put a strain on internals surely.

Damien

Why would you ever consider a race cam on a standard engine. Surely it would make LESS power than the standard cam,and have little driveability

pugbender

a pt28 in a stantard engine will give 15 hp less i think but that's not the question.

pug_ham
Standard ecu limits at 6900 so mightn't be much good on a standard car unless you remove the limiter.

If you have a standard 1.9 GTi that limits at 6900rpm you have a rare one with a possibly modified ecu already. Even the 1.6's I've had hit the limiter at near 6600-6700 & the 1.9's I've driven hit at 6500 iirc.

hi, well in effect the isn't a difference in the codice but just it isn't the same for 1.6 and 1.9; if you notice on the catcams web site there's a mild cam that for xu5 is named 4900239 duration 274° lift 11.90 and the same caracteristics cam 274° duration and 11.90 lift for xu9 and xu10 engines is named 4900339; you can see the difference in the codice also if it looks like the same cams!
OK, but you were asking about the Kent PT28 cam & not a Catcam which has me even more confused. :(

If you look at the camshaft spec for the PT28 on the Kent Cam website, the spec for the PT28 is the same for the 1.6 or 1.9 engine.

Graham.

pugbender

i'm sorry if i make you confused graham.

dee205
If you have a standard 1.9 GTi that limits at 6900rpm you have a rare one with a possibly modified ecu already. Even the 1.6's I've had hit the limiter at near 6600-6700 & the 1.9's I've driven hit at 6500 iirc.

Graham.

I was under the impression the limiter was 6900. I stand corrected!

Damien

pug_ham
I was under the impression the limiter was 6900. I stand corrected!
Its mean't to be on the later 1.6's but I've never driven one that gets that high on the rev counter before its bouncing of the limiter.

Graham.

dee205

I'm was usually trying to find the gearstick whilst steering away from the hedges and never got much time to check what rpm I was bouncing off!

Still what's 400rpm between friends! ;)

Damien

Sign in to follow this