• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Ecotek Valve Worthwhile?

johnnyboy666

i've got an ecotek valve thingy lying around doing nothing and i was thinking of putting it on my roland garros but i seem to remember reading somewhere that they shouldnt be used ( i cant remember why) can anybody shed any more light on this, or is anybody using one?

ta

john

Batfink

dont bother. Sell it on ebay to some mug

johnnyboy666

lol well i got it for free so theres no loss on my part, do they just do nothing or what then?

BERTMAN

narr there useless mate, make some profit on it and ebay it lol

johnnyboy666

hairy muff, ebay it is then, might steal the little pipercross filter jobby off the end first tho :unsure:

swordfish210

these things can balls up you're braking performance, all they do is make the car sound a bit louder when accelarating hence, giving a psychosomatic thought to the driver that his/her car is going faster

Ryan

Trading Standards have stopped the manufacturer from making a lot of the dubious claims that used to appear in their adverts. Does that sound like a trustworthy product?

johnnyboy666

hm yeh i did have a browse at the adverts a while back and thort it were a bit of a blatant lie

pete1986

They say on their website that they stop 205's jumping when decelerating, obviously a load of sh*te. F**king blaggers!! :blush:

THESE things keep appearing on ebay. They say that it tricks the ecu to think cold air (dense) is being taken in. Anyone tried/know anything about them? Are they just another scam?

sonofsam
these things can balls up you're braking performance, all they do is make the car sound a bit louder when accelarating hence, giving a psychosomatic thought to the driver that his/her car is going faster

Yep true failed an MOT once becuase of one, placebo effect fo sure!

Casanova
THESE things keep appearing on ebay. They say that it tricks the ecu to think cold air (dense) is being taken in. Anyone tried/know anything about them? Are they just another scam?

Yep, they're basically just a resistor. Tell the ECU its cold weather - richen the mixture to compensate.

§

johnnyboy666

yep ive seen those resistor thingies, total bag of balls in my opinion, surely the lamda sensor would figure it out and bring it back to normal, thats if ur engine doesnt overheat due to the resistor

swordfish210
yep ive seen those resistor thingies, total bag of balls in my opinion, surely the lamda sensor would figure it out and bring it back to normal, thats if ur engine doesnt overheat due to the resistor

no what they do is trich the ECU in to thinking that the engine is cold, therefor the ECU will go in to it's Open Loop setting and it will not be accepting a reading from the Lambda sensor so it will run as if it was cold all the time, wouldnt surprise me if it would fail an emissions test as well

Guest martyn_mcg

yeah the ecotek thing is meant to make the air entering the engine more turbulant providing a better mixture with the petrol, which is all good in theory!! however mounting this in the brake servo pipe reduces the vacum effect on the brake servo, a very silly thing to do when your talking like 16yr old brake systems here!!

Sign in to follow this