• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Enfield

Overrun

Enfield

Hi there,

Fitted a different backbox to my rallye which has a tailpipe of approx 3" in diameter and it's incredibly loud because I have no centre silencer or CAT but i'm kind of used to it now.

Basically I just want to know how to stop the constant popping noises when I come off the throttle...and I really do mean constant!

I would put the standard exhaust back on but I sold it and to be honest, I don't really want to spend any more money on the car as I'm planning to get shot of it sometime soon.

Thanks!

Sandy

Dip the clutch? :)

Or increase the idle mixture setting sometimes tames it a bit.

johnnyboy666

when mine was doing that constantly i found it was running very rich because the main jet in the carb had vibrated itself slightly loose, its worth having a check just to be sure

Enfield
when mine was doing that constantly i found it was running very rich because the main jet in the carb had vibrated itself slightly loose, its worth having a check just to be sure

It still does it when it's running lean, at the moment it's fine mixture wise and the jet is definitely in nice and tight because I removed it to clean it the other day.

My dad keeps telling me it's to do with timing...

Casanova

Probably just the lack of back pressure tbh. My old TU9 Junior did it when I badly holed my downpipe and then stopped again when I replaced it.

§

johnnyboy666

best to get the timing checked then methinks, theres a guide on how to do it on here somewhere

Enfield

Standard box is back on, but it still pops but not quite as much, sounds quite nice actually :(

Sign in to follow this