• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest PUGSY

New And Old Dash

Guest PUGSY

are the speedo/rev counter, oil press/water temp, dial bits the same on both the old style dashes (slidy heater controls) and the new ones (round heater controls) ???????

Natasha

No. Your question seems to aimed at either replacing bits on your old dash with new version bits or replacing the whole thing for a new dash.

No idea if the later is possible as I've never tried it and I've been blessed with late revision cars! :unsure:

However as far as wiring goes the guages don't run on different circuits from early to late models.

pug_ham

If you are looking to replace the whole dash for a phase 2 one get the whole loom in the dash board, it all just unplugs from the fuse box.

The actul instruments aren't at all different IIRC, never had a phase1 and not driven one but from looking at piccies they look the same.

Graham. :unsure:

Guest PUGSY

what I am trying to do is.....

on the rally car, I have fitted the new phase dash and the oil pressure, water temp dont work anymore, have checked wiring, so i figure it must be the dash, so i was going to replace the instrument panel with the old phase one, that i know works!

wondered if they were a strasight swap.

Hilgie

The instrument panel is the same on old and new style dash.

Sign in to follow this