• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Casanova

Tu3s - Which Cars?

Casanova

I know this engine was used in the AX GT and 205 XS, as well as the 205 GT, SR, XT and Roland Garros. Have I missed any? (including special editions)

§

swordfish210

the XT was actually fitted with the TU3-A engine which was rated at 80bhp instead of 85bhp, this was due to a slightly less agressive cam

trogboy

TU3S only in the AXGT and 205 XS. the others are all varients of TU3 but with different cams and usually different carbs with a smaller secondary venturi and correspondingly different getting.

Casanova

I thought the GT and Roland Garros were for sure?

§

trogboy

You could well be right with the Rolland Garros but the GT is a 5 door XT and they were both 80bhp. I don't know why they never did a GS.

Casanova

There we go, you learn new things every day. So 80bhp was the most a 5 door ever got?

§

johnnyboy666

i've got a roland and it is a tu3s, as for the gt im pretty sure its the 5 door xs (should be gs) has the same carb and im pretty sure the same cam if not very similar? only difference is the gearbox i thort. i used to have a gt and im sure i had a rolling road printout sayin 84.5 bhp at standard (couldve been another car i spose i never had it checked myself)

BERTMAN

AX GT, XS and the GT were the only cars with TU3s engine, GT was a streched XS

johnnyboy666

thats what i thought (and the roland!! essentially a special edition xs)

trogboy

I stand corrected. Like you say you learn something new every day.

Enfield

Yep, GT is TU3s.

I had one with single point injection (75bhp).

Casanova

So the best 5 door 205 is a decently specced GT? Did they do any special editions based on it? (like a RG 5 door, or otherwise)

§

johnnyboy666

nope just the standard i think, some came with extra options like the 13" alloys, leccy windows etc

trogboy
Yep, GT is TU3s.

I had one with single point injection (75bhp).

Not being anal but that wouldn't be a TU3S then as the engine code would be something like TU3M/Z or TU3A i.e. 1360cc alloy blocked engine with a mono point injection system.

Henry Yorke
I know this engine was used in the AX GT and 205 XS, as well as the 205 GT, SR, XT and Roland Garros. Have I missed any? (including special editions)

§

Surprised no one has mentioned it, even though people who have responded own them! .... 205 Rallye!

DaveW

205 rallye is not a Tu3s. its a tu3f2.

Henry Yorke
205 rallye is not a Tu3s. its a tu3f2.

Smartarse :P

It is effectively the same engine though! Rallye was just a low spec XS!! :P

DaveW
:P i have heard its an iron block tho? xs block is light as i can pick it up on my own(no head on).

Casanova

I'm sure I read that the Rallye only gets 75bhp.

§

trogboy

The UK spec rallye engine (TU3.2 or TU3F2) is pretty different really having a different cam, different carb (secondary venturi is smaller) and an iron block so all in it is heavier and lower powered than a TU3S.

Surely the point in identifying which cars had engines with the TU3S (K2A) code is so that people known they are getting a lump which should be 85bhp as stock and not 80 or 75 you get with the lower spec engines. Otherwise this is a waste of time.

You might as well say that all of the TU3 engines are TU3S's, just a bit lower spec! Kind of negates the point in having engine codes in the first place.

mini rant over :P

Edited by trogboy

Casanova

Exactly! Rallye = different, s*itter engine :P (although god knows why)

§

johnnyboy666

obviously what they shoulda done is stuck the tu24 in the english version rallye aswell as the foreigners one and we'd all be larfing

Casanova

If only... :ph34r:

§

Sign in to follow this