• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr_E

Wiring Question

Mr_E

Trying to get my gti started after putting the engine in, but i didnt have the injector plug leads marked up to know which way round that they go back on. Does anyone know how i can find how they go back on?

I could do with knowing the colours of the leads from left to right if possible.

It is a G reg on the earlier ignition system with the "wet" type coil on the inner wing.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

Paul

Mikey G

It wont matter on these as they are non sequential injection, thay are all wired to the same point and fire at the same time.

Mr_E
It wont matter on these as they are non sequential injection, thay are all wired to the same point and fire at the same time.

I was told this in work last night, so I will have to have a proper look at it later on today and get it sorted

Cheers

Paul

pugrallye

and wiring colours are same for all four plugs

Mr_E

I still cant get it to start though, the injectors wont fire constantly, the just spray once when i first turn the key, but then dont fire at all when the engine is cranking over - what could this be?

I have checked the earths, changed the ECU, and swopped the ignition switch

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

DrSarty
I have checked the earths

Have you included the injector earths. On an Mi there's two ring connectors on yellow wires that are fixed under the two vertical fuel rail bolts.

Hope that's it. Usually a process of elimination. You'll find it and it will be simple.

Rich

Super Josh
On an Mi there's two ring connectors on yellow wires that are fixed under the two vertical fuel rail bolts.

Only on a BX loom ;)

Josh

Mr_E

Still cant get the injectors to fire constantly!

So far i have swapped the ecu. tacho relay, dizzy wire, module, ignition switch, cleaned earths, and checked the pump is running as its cranking over, yet I cant get the injectors to squirt when its cranking over!!

Its doin my head in!

Its a 1.6 engine dropped into a 1.9 car and the ecu and airflow meter changed accordingly. The only other difference is that its gone from the later type dry coil ignition to the earlier wet coil ignition.

Please help as im wasting time trying to get the damn thing started when there is loads of other stuff needing to be done to it!

Cheers

Paul

Mr_E

After 4 hours i finally sorted it!

Turns out it was just 1 broken wire in the loom that goes to the coil on the negative side!

Damn thing, at least its sorted now

Cheers

Paul

Sign in to follow this