• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Gti6 Does It Use Ignition Amps? And Will S16 Sensors Fit..

welshpug

as above, does it use them? or are they integrated into the coil packs?

as I cant remember for the life of me wether the car I took the engine out of had any and the ZX 16v has 2 just like the S16 and 2.0 Mi16.

and as I have been advised to use the existing Sensor loom will the S16 sensors fir the GTi6 block? (only the ones for the dash I believe, the ones used by the ECU I will leave alone as they only go to the ECU)

Miles

The ECU has the Amp built in like 99.% do these day's, I'd use the complete GTi6 loom the only thing you might need to swap is the oil pressure sender unless it's a Ph1 engine as all late ones only had Oil Temp

pug_ham

Pretty sure the GTi-6 doesn't have ignition amps, the drivers will be in the ecu.

Magnet Marelli MM8P cars don't have an ignition amp so I'd be very surprised if the GTi-6 does.

No idea about the sensors but if you have the plugs that fit onto the sensors just crimp the connectors into the current loom.

Graham.

welshpug

aaah!!! now thats clever :D not me being daft and not stripping them out of the donor.

hmm, sooooo

I have this -

30-04-07_1723.jpg

(GTi6 obviously) and more, I have the whole loom to play with not just from that pair of plugs back to the engine.

and this

30-04-07_1722.jpg

the ZX loom plugs directly to the engine bay fusebox, whereas the 306 goes to the 2 plugs beforehand.

thanks for the help guys!

;)

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

ooh thanks kate! will get back to you, I don't know how good the coils I got with the engine are till i get it in and fired up DOH!

I think I need to change the title of the thread to how do I do this??? gti6 into a ZX seemed a good idea...

Miles

Just get a 306 dash and swap it all over, No hassle at all then

Sign in to follow this