• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dream Weaver

Battery Negative Terminal

Dream Weaver

Has anyone got rid of the twisty terminal on the battery negative and replaced it with a normal clamp?

My twisty thread is buggered and the earth lead won't stay attached to the battery, so I fancy buying a new clamp off Ebay and using that - just a normal clamp, with a hole for the wire to go which is then bolted down.

i.e. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-BATTERY-TERMINAL...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondered if its OK using these instead of the std item?

Richie-Van-GTi

exactly what I have on mine :)

steve@cornwall
exactly what I have on mine :)

And mine

Jrod

and mine (but mines in the boot. :))

hengti

as an interim you can fix by replacing the plastic spinner with a nut; remove spinner by smashing it with a hammer (any excuse!), bend the lugs on the retaining washer back, refit using a nut.

not pretty but serves a purpose

Dream Weaver

hen, just realised that when looking at it this morning - nice quick fix so I can test out my latest mods :)

I will go for the clamps though when they arrive.

fencer

i found a clamp very similar (almost identical) to the original one. All I had to do is flatten out the parts which held the twisty thing in place.

i'll post a pic tonight if i remember

pug_ham

I've replaced the twist lock on all of my 205's, cheaper than that from the local motor factors & no waiting for the postie to deliver them.

Graham.

Dream Weaver

But that means going out of the house, and with little Ed in tow that's a big deal these days :blush:

Got one for £2 odd delivered off eBay, just await its arrival.

Just one thing - how does one cut the existing wires and bolt them into the new terminal? Anything I need to bear in mind?

Edited by Dream Weaver

Casanova

Yep, I replaced the useless original connectors with clamps too. Pretty self-explanatory to fit - just strip back an inch or so of cable and bolt it in. Job's a good un.

§

Edited by Casanova

Paintguy

I went for the bling option, but then I do have rather larger wiring than the average 205 :ph34r:

DSCF0008.sized.jpg

fencer

paintguy, the link to the image is dead.

Paintguy
paintguy, the link to the image is dead.

The whole gallery seems to be down atm :) I'll see if I can host it somewhere else :(

Sign in to follow this