• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engelbert

Uk 205 Rallye Exhaust Centre Pipe

engelbert

Hello I need to get a new centre section for the exhaust on my uk 205 rallye. I've read various opinions on this and what i wanted to know is what is th best thing to do? I'm also looking at doing this cheap as poss as bit skint.

I've read that you can fit a 1.1 centre pipe with out box but some people say this loses power which would not be a good thing in a car with only 75bhp to start :lol: or is there an alternative centre section? I know this isnt necessarily going to increase power but might make it sound a bit meatier :) but some people say it improves responsiveness. or should i just replace the centre pipe with the standard one?

Also I may be fitting a k&n pancake type filter at some point if this makes a difference?

I know this has been asked before but I've never found a definative answer.

Batfink

well the original item is expensive and only available from peugeot itself.

I used a 1.1 pipe. Its the same diameter but without a centre box. Only cost something like £15 too!

engelbert

Bargain! thats the kinda price I'm looking for :lol:

did it make any differnece power wise, good or bad? and how did it sound?

also did you have to adjust the carb at all?

cheers for the help.

Batfink

the car wasent really driven hard so I can't tell you about any performance increase. I didnt adjust the carb at all - it worked fine

engelbert

cool cheers for the help anyway :lol:

johnnyboy666

ive just swapped the centre section off my mates old 1.1 onto my roland garros (xs) cos it was free :lol:, theres pretty much no difference in performance as i can tell, its a little louder when you put ur boot down and its a much better fit than the one i had on to start with, it also solved a little problem i had which was the hanger rubbing on the handbrake cables and makin a nasty noise. theres no real other benefits other than a bit of weight saving as far as i can see

hope that helps

engelbert

That does help cheers :D not to worried about gaining power, just don't want to lose any :) I enjoy the car as it is. a slightly nicer exhaust note would be a bonus though :lol:

I also have a lot of rattley noises from it so hopefully it'll cure that too ;)

engelbert

Is there anything I need to no when buying the new pipe?? what car would it be relivent to?

also being a rallye the car is an XR so is this the same fitment as th XS?

DaveW

As long as its from a 205 tu it should fit. ive got a 1.1 centre section on mine as the mid box blew a hole on the old one.

johnnyboy666

i've been giving my car a good thrashing today and i've noticed the exhaust is pretty loud at between 3.5k and 4.5k revs but before and after that theres nothing too deafening, just thort id let u know

engelbert
As long as its from a 205 tu it should fit. ive got a 1.1 centre section on mine as the mid box blew a hole on the old one.

Cool cheers. thought that was the case but wanted to check :D

engelbert
i've been giving my car a good thrashing today and i've noticed the exhaust is pretty loud at between 3.5k and 4.5k revs but before and after that theres nothing too deafening, just thort id let u know

cheers much appreciated :D Hope you had fun :D

johnnyboy666

did indeed :D rinsed me mates 1.6 gti hehe

engelbert

Got 1.1 centre pipe fitted today makes some very cool pop pop burble burble type sounds now also pops when changing gear :D feels more responsive and smoother through accelaration :) very happy with it cheers for the help :wacko:

Sign in to follow this