• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Sensor Thread Sizes?

Dj_mini

Im installing a new dash so need need to know the sensor thread sizes for oil pressure, oil temp and water temp sensors so i can get some adaptors to fit the new sensors (1.9 mi)

Any one know what the mi's use?

Cheers Dan

Mikey G

I'm not sure but i think all of them may be 3/8" BSP with the exception of the oil pressure gauge which should be 1/8" BSPF (NPT)

pug_ham

Same as the 8v.

AFAIK;

• Oil pressure is M10 x 1.25.
  • Oil stop switch is M16 x 1.25.
  • Oil temp sender is either M16 or M14 on the late engines.
  • Water temp sender is M14 x 1.25
  • ECU temp sender M12 x 1.5.

Graham.

Mikey G
Same as the 8v.

AFAIK;

• Oil pressure is M10 x 1.25.
  • Oil stop switch is M16 x 1.25.

Graham.

I measured the pressure gauge the other week and it is definatly 1/8" BSPF (parallel NPT thread), i know the XU10 stop switch is 3/8" as i checked that aswell as we need a t piece for the pressure gauge due to the XU10 has no pressure gauge fitting. I'll have a little look at my XU9 block when i get home to double check if the switch fitting is the same.

pug_ham

Stop switch thread was taken from parts cd (as were the others bar pressure sender).

Pressure sender lists a 10mm washer & I got an M10 x 1.25mm nut on an old sender with no excessive slack or tightness beofre.

Graham.

steve@cornwall
I measured the pressure gauge the other week and it is definatly 1/8" BSPF (parallel NPT thread), i know the XU10 stop switch is 3/8" as i checked that aswell as we need a t piece for the pressure gauge due to the XU10 has no pressure gauge fitting. I'll have a little look at my XU9 block when i get home to double check if the switch fitting is the same.

I also need to do this! any info you can pass on will be gratefully received , I'm not sure where to start looking, but if I turn up a solution I'll pass it on

Mikey G

Well i just checked my Mi16 block and the fittings seem to be the metric ones as Graham has said except the oil pressure gauge sender is M10 x 1 not 1.25 and the stop switch M16 x 1.5.

I must have picked up an odd sender with a 1/8" fitting last time. And looking around i cant seem to find any oil pressure senders with a metric thread, they all seem to be 1/8"

So on this subject can anyone confirm the XU10 oil switch is a 3/8" BSP? I will measure that one again later. The only T-Piece's i have found so far all have a 1/8" fitting for the oil pressure gauge and if we need to keep the 205 oil sender this could be a problem unless i find an M10 x 1 tap.

Edited by Mikey G

welshpug

if you need an M10x1 tap speak to a bike shop, the dropout that the rear mech bolts on uses this thread as standard.

Dj_mini

Great cheers for your help. Does any one know where else i can get adpators other then demon thieves?

welshpug

rally design or merlin motorsport, peter lloyd rallying too perhaps.

Mikey G
Great cheers for your help. Does any one know where else i can get adpators other then demon thieves?

As above, but now i know the peugeot fitment all the adapters ive found are 1.8", no one seems to do M10x1 unless its custom made. shouldnt be too expensive though.

And ive answered my own question on the XU10 stop switch, its the same as the alloy block.

Mikey needs to get new measurment equipment :D

Sign in to follow this