• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SamGTi

Rattly Window

SamGTi

I know most 205's creak and rattle their way down the road anyway but up until a few weeks ago mine was fairly quiet but its now developed a really annoying knocking/rattling sound from the drivers side front window. Even the smallest bump in the road causes the window to knock against something in the door (behind the doorcard) which makes driving long distances very annoying as it's right next to my ear! What could it be rattling on and how can I sort it? It's an electric window btw.

Jrod

Take the doorcard off and have a look? :P

GLPoomobile

Check all the nuts that secure the window rails and electric motor assembly etc in position. Apart from that, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the window has come away/loose from the metal brackets that are bonded to it's lower edge.

Also, are you sure it's the window? It could be the rods from the handle or the top lock pull that are rattling around.

SamGTi

I am pretty sure it's the window coz if I press my shoulder against it whilst driving it stops completely as it is held in place for that brief moment.

And thanks for that advice Jrod, I would never thought of that! ;):)

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like the metal bar has come loose on the 2 10mm nuts that hold it, simple enough fix.

Sign in to follow this